There are some excellent and truthful posts in this thread. Normally I'm an establish-the-rush-then-pass type of guy. But against Detroit??????

Stubby strikes again.

Misdirection is all the rage this year. Look at Seattle in our first game. It puts a huge amount of pressure on any defense. Stubby runs virtually none of it. A fast guy like Janis would be perfect but no......

Lastly, I agree with the comments about junking the no huddle. I thought it might make for a good equalizer against Detroit. But they way ARod and Stubby run it ... with all the adjustments checkoffs and hand signals ... the play clock runs down on each play. On top of that, guys are misreading hand signals when they could be really communicating in the huddle.

Really lastly, I think Stubby has lost his nerve this year. He's playing way too conservative, trying to avoid mistakes and playing it safe (except for his insane 4th down attempts). The Lacey safety play was a perfect example. I know Bart Starr would have been thinking pass in that situation, and he had Hornung and Taylor in the backfield and a Hall of Fame OL.

Stubby's capable of change but he's like a mule. You might have to get his attention first by cracking a 2x4 over his head.