Thread: Winners & Losers - Packers vs Jets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Sherrod. He's good enough to win with but even his successes don't look pretty. Seems like he needs more preparation in the film room. Eventually he figured Coples out but a lot of bad shit can happen if he needs a learning curve each game.
    If your kid routinely gets failing grades, then surprises you with a report card with C's, you don't call him a loser. You brute.

Even your assessment is that it is matter of learning. I'm not sure what the deal is with Sherrod, but I hope his career is salvageable. If he has the mobility, he can be an NFL starter.

I watched San Fran play a backup tackle last night, the famous Jonathan Martin. Hard to watch. Probably backup tackles in the NFL are a sorry lot, it's a tough job for a big man.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    If your kid routinely gets failing grades, then surprises you with a report card with C's, you don't call him a loser. You brute.

Even your assessment is that it is matter of learning. I'm not sure what the deal is with Sherrod, but I hope his career is salvageable. If he has the mobility, he can be an NFL starter.

I watched San Fran play a backup tackle last night, the famous Jonathan Martin. Hard to watch. Probably backup tackles in the NFL are a sorry lot, it's a tough job for a big man.
    Well we're not alone. We're on our 3rd right tackle, so are the Chiefs. The Falcons are on their 3rd left tackle. With Bulaga's health the only thing keeping Sherrod from getting reps I expect to get an extensive evaluation of Sherrod this season. We'll see if he can make a starter of himself but right now he's a loser backup.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Well we're not alone. We're on our 3rd right tackle, so are the Chiefs. The Falcons are on their 3rd left tackle. With Bulaga's health the only thing keeping Sherrod from getting reps I expect to get an extensive evaluation of Sherrod this season. We'll see if he can make a starter of himself but right now he's a loser backup.
    I think Sherrod will continue to get better and better as the season goes on. He still needs work on run blocking and definately still needs to get some help with the pass rush, but he's better than Newhouse.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!