Thread: The Official Week 16 Other Games Thread - Go Redcoats, BearDown and Cowgirls(?)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I think you are mixing it up, if I'm understanding. The scenario above is an or situation. A Packers win + Eagles loss gets the Packers in OR Packers win + Cowboys win. If the Cowboys win or Eagles lose, the Cowboys clinch the East. The Packers own the tiebreaker against the Eagles.
    A Cowboys win plus an Eagles win would force a Packers win to clinch. The Cowboys clinch the East but if the Packers lose out and the Eagles win out the Packers are out out.

I'd say it's likely the Eagles win out vs. the dysfunctional and possibly checked-out Skins and Giants remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    A Cowboys win plus an Eagles win would force a Packers win to clinch. The Cowboys clinch the East but if the Packers lose out and the Eagles win out the Packers are out out.

I'd say it's likely the Eagles win out vs. the dysfunctional and possibly checked-out Skins and Giants remaining.
    1) We're not talking about the Packers losing out.

2) We're talking about scenarios where Dallas wins + Green Bay wins this week. pbmax had stated a Dallas win + Green Bay win doesn't guarantee a playoff spot for Green Bay. According to ESPN's playoff machine, if the Cowboys win this week and we win, we are in. Let's say Dallas, Philadelphia, and Green Bay all win this week. Dallas and GB at 11-4 with Philly at 10-5. If we lose next week, we'll be 11-5. If Dallas and Philadelphia win next week, the Cowboys we'll win the East at 12-4. Green Bay would own the tiebreaker over Philly by virtue of their win over Philly. GB would be a Wild Card. If Dallas loses and Philly wins next week, the Eagles we'll win the East. The tiebreaker with Dallas would flip to Green Bay by virtue of a better conference record. GB would be a Wild Card. If Philly loses next week, we'd have a better record. GB would be a Wild Card. I just don't see a scenario where GB doesn't make the playoffs with a win + Dallas win this week.

The nice thing is, rooting for a Dallas win isn't rooting against a first round bye. Dallas would own the tiebreaker over us if we lost a game because our conference record would be the same as Dallas but they own the next tiebreaker. However, if we win out, we own the tiebreaker on the basis of a better conference record.

Go Green Bay and Go Dallas!
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

2) We're talking about scenarios where Dallas wins + Green Bay wins this week. pbmax had stated a Dallas win + Green Bay win doesn't guarantee a playoff spot for Green Bay. According to ESPN's playoff machine, if the Cowboys win this week and we win, we are in. Let's say Dallas, Philadelphia, and Green Bay all win this week. Dallas and GB at 11-4 with Philly at 10-5. If we lose next week, we'll be 11-5. If Dallas and Philadelphia win next week, the Cowboys we'll win the East at 12-4. Green Bay would own the tiebreaker over Philly by virtue of their win over Philly. GB would be a Wild Card. If Dallas loses and Philly wins next week, the Eagles we'll win the East. The tiebreaker with Dallas would flip to Green Bay by virtue of a better conference record. GB would be a Wild Card. If Philly loses next week, we'd have a better record. GB would be a Wild Card. I just don't see a scenario where GB doesn't make the playoffs with a win + Dallas win this week.

The nice thing is, rooting for a Dallas win isn't rooting against a first round bye. Dallas would own the tiebreaker over us if we lost a game because our conference record would be the same as Dallas but they own the next tiebreaker. However, if we win out, we own the tiebreaker on the basis of a better conference record.

You have to figure in a three way tie to wild card scenarios. Presumably, possibly remotely, there is a 3 team scenario where the Packers H2H win over Philly doesn't get them through.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rat Starter

Well stated.