Thread: Packers Star TE Martellus Bennett Reveals on Instagram Story That He's Retiring After This Season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cook wasn't all that great either. Bennett is the kind of TE we need; He just didn't play up to expectations. In addition to having problems staying healthy, Cook's thing was going deep. What we needed in a TE is a big target possession type guy who can also block. Bennett should have been that - if he just didn't drop so damn many passes.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Cook's thing was going deep. What we needed in a TE is a big target possession type guy who can also block.
    Wisconsin's left tackle caught a TD pass yesterday. Maybe we can look for him in the draft.

I think a fast pass catching TE - and Cook was really effective for a couple months with Rodgers - is more valuable.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Wisconsin's left tackle caught a TD pass yesterday. Maybe we can look for him in the draft.

I think a fast pass catching TE - and Cook was really effective for a couple months with Rodgers - is more valuable.
    No he didn’t. The pass went backward so it was a TD run.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    No he didn’t. The pass went backward so it was a TD run.
    ya, I know it was a lateral, a.k.a. backwards pass. English language says he caught a pass, then ran for a touch down.

I can be pushed only so far.