Thread: They Ought to Have a D League

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with the violence of the game, and the small window of production that most players have, a d league wouldn't accomplish much imo. probably only get a handful of players that would ever make it to the nfl and then they'd be one-and-done most likely. costs would outweigh the benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    with the violence of the game, and the small window of production that most players have, a d league wouldn't accomplish much imo. probably only get a handful of players that would ever make it to the nfl and then they'd be one-and-done most likely. costs would outweigh the benefit.
    Should be in place of college. Dump the 3 years after HS graduation requirement.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Should be in place of college. Dump the 3 years after HS graduation requirement.
    oh i know. there's no incentive for them to do it though with the college system in place. maybe expand the practice squads and set it up that other teams can't cherry pick a certain number of guys. set it up so these practice squad guys can get more attention in the off season than the 53.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    Not true. Many NFL europe players made it onto NFL rosters and excelled. I think Cullen Jenkins was one.

Most notably James Harrison couldn't make a team out of college. He played in NFLe and later was defensive player of the year.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Not true. Many NFL europe players made it onto NFL rosters and excelled. I think Cullen Jenkins was one.

Most notably James Harrison couldn't make a team out of college. He played in NFLe and later was defensive player of the year.
    Where did Kurt warner go after Green Bay cut him, wasn't that NFL Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Where did Kurt warner go after Green Bay cut him, wasn't that NFL Europe?
    Arena Football League.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post

James Harrison lasted 10 whole days in NFLe before he was cut. Not the best example.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    James Harrison lasted 10 whole days in NFLe before he was cut. Not the best example.
    Even better example. He couldn't even cut it there early on. Its just proves that some developmental league is necessary.

And to red and joe, warner played in both I believe.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.