Thread: Packers 2016 Offseason

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I would try to keep Perry and Jones and Guion if he's cheap, but wouldn't break the bank on any of them. Otherwise, I agree.

But I think Kuhn will last one more year.
    James Jones, I don't know about. He's not a special teams guy, and he's not an ascending player. Assuming Jordy, Cobb, Adams, Monty are all locks, then you have two remaining spots and you'd have to figure Janis and Abby will fill those spots because they can both play special teams. Also, they may draft another WR and bring in a few UDFA's like they did last year, and those guys would be competing for the 5th and 6th WR spots. I don't think Jones will have a place on the roster, more so about roster flexibility and youth/development and not cap concern.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    James Jones, I don't know about. He's not a special teams guy, and he's not an ascending player. Assuming Jordy, Cobb, Adams, Monty are all locks, then you have two remaining spots and you'd have to figure Janis and Abby will fill those spots because they can both play special teams. Also, they may draft another WR and bring in a few UDFA's like they did last year, and those guys would be competing for the 5th and 6th WR spots. I don't think Jones will have a place on the roster, more so about roster flexibility and youth/development and not cap concern.
    Whoops. My mistake. Didn't read the article and off-the-cuff assumed Datone Jones.

James Jones is gone. No room on the roster but tons of appreciation.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Pretty much a whole thread on this topic...
    http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...ing*-next-year
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...