Thread: Everything you need to know about TT's 4th Round Pick... ILB Blake Martinez

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    This is a fairly decent article about how Martinez will fill the Packers needs at ILB:

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...-olb/83924910/

Unlike the typical fluff piece, this one goes into some detail about how he was actually used at Stanford and includes a lot of references matchups he had in games, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    This is a fairly decent article about how Martinez will fill the Packers needs at ILB:

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...-olb/83924910/

Unlike the typical fluff piece, this one goes into some detail about how he was actually used at Stanford and includes a lot of references matchups he had in games, etc..
    Comment woodbuck27:

Edit from original source:

" ...Four days before the Pac-12 title game Blake Martinez was “very doubtful” to play.

Martinez wouldn’t hear it.....diagnosed with a high-ankle sprain, an injury that can keep some players out four to six weeks. Martinez was determined not to miss one.

Martinez wasn’t just on the field. He led Stanford with 11 tackles, four more than any teammate.

His blindside sack of USC quarterback Cody Kessler forced a fumble returned for touchdown.. Martinez didn’t test his ankle out until pregame drills and played all four quarters, making the “game-clinching” play that sent Stanford to their third Rose Bowl in four seasons.

“I don’t know how he did it,” Hansen said, “but to be able to play in that game based on what his ankle looked like the Tuesday of game week, it’s an all-time story for me. An instant favorite.” ....
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau