Thread: Cap affect of paying as you go vs pushing out and having dead space

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yeah; the Mahomes deal is probably the most team-friendly contract in the league, and Burrow's is decent as well. Brady, though - one thing I have to give to him is that he consistently took less money to help the team, even to the point of giving back some of his salary to sign Moss. A few years ago, I saw someone calculate that he probably left at least $60 millon on the table over his career, and possibly as juch as 100. He figured he'd rather be the guy with most championships than the guy with the most money.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post
    Yeah; the Mahomes deal is probably the most team-friendly contract in the league, and Burrow's is decent as well. Brady, though - one thing I have to give to him is that he consistently took less money to help the team, even to the point of giving back some of his salary to sign Moss. A few years ago, I saw someone calculate that he probably left at least $60 millon on the table over his career, and possibly as juch as 100. He figured he'd rather be the guy with most championships than the guy with the most money.
    Of course, Brady also had the advantage of being married to someone who made as much money as he did.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Of course, Brady also had the advantage of being married to someone who made as much money as he did.
    Yeah, absolutely. She had a nice little side gig that brought in extra cash for when the electric bill and the gas bill were both high the same month, and also they didn't have kids in the family. So there was no day care or whatever.

Those things add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    That explains why Jonathan Owens signs league minimum deals....I mean, part of the reason.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.