Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I deny it because without Rodgers the Brett situation, draft position, draft picks and free agents all play out differently.

You can't change one variable and pretend everything else stays the same.
    You can also sign a lot more FAs when the QB isn't making $22 million per year.
    And your basic claim, that he doesn't use all available avenues is demonstrably untrue.
    Short answer: I deny it, yes.
    Year after year we gave chances to unrestricted free agent and how many have we signed in the past five years before this year ? Those are the pure facts.
    I'd hire you as a salesman in a second because your reasoning of using AROD's salary and linking it to our inability to sign free agents is a very effective way of shifting the focus when asked a question you don't want to address. We don't sign free agency because right or wrong, TT feels our chances are better to not take the short term risk/reward of free agency and instead believes in is ability to wins Super Bowls through the draft. Trades ? I'm sure there are some minor ones I forgot..maybe. I recall Ryan Grant. I recall Matthews about 7-8 years ago. I don't recall much else. TT is fine; he's an above average GM; but there is several I"d rather have and I wish he'd utilize other avenues better.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    We don't sign free agency because right or wrong, TT feels our chances are better to not take the short term risk/reward of free agency and instead believes in is ability to wins Super Bowls through the draft.
    This is the part that drives me crazy. He DOES sign free agents. You want him to sign more.

If the Packers did not have a franchise QB, then that changes the cap picture completely. And that would lead to more spending everywhere else.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    This is the part that drives me crazy. He DOES sign free agents. You want him to sign more.

If the Packers did not have a franchise QB, then that changes the cap picture completely. And that would lead to more spending everywhere else.
    I don't want him be afraid of taking the chance...stepping outside the box...and signing the free agents who have hit the open market....and yes...WILL cost draft picks. Before this year, it's been 5 years per NFL Network since we participated. So perhaps on an annual or semi annual basis would be cool. And when you do a shit job drafting defense.....let's look there

DISCLAIMER....I know he nabbed Peppers and Cook....and I gave TT kudos

And on that rare occasion where he dipped into the open market, he's done well with Charles Woodson and Ryan Pickett
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?