Thread: ARE WE GIVING AROD A FREE PASS ??????????????????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    My apologies for missing that. However, it raises a followup question; if the opponent matters, how are you differentiating between that and poor reaction to stress during a game?

Also, the list of authorities isn't impressive. Bob is just going by recent results. Besides Dilfer (and I would love to see a link to his comments), the rest are just bloviators who know less than we do.

Rodgers is not perfect and he could improve in several areas. But his team isn't perfect either, nor is his coach. And I think those factors plus the opponent, provide plenty of explanation about his playoff record without the need to speculate about his emotional state.

We just had a perfect example of how a team can conspire to lose a game its winning. A conservative approach, which vince has argued convincingly was perhaps the safest strategy, blew up in their face in all 3 phases. McCarthy failed to use his best leverage points to build up a bigger lead and the later to collect a first down. Those factors didn't depend on how well the QB reacted to stress.
    To get into all that your talking University Level Post Grad Thesis.

Some QB's just from a standpoint of observing them in certain situations may get the 'he's a choker' label.

This Super Bowl game was set for what any fan might hope for. For those fans it was perfect. For someone to win the other must lose.

The team and QB with the ball last leads his team in a drive and is a key ingredient in deciding the outcome.

Depended on that outcome can you declare 'a choke' or a failure to execute?

Russell Wilson gunned a near perfect pass.

Ricardo Lockette nearly got to and his hands on that pass.

New England's DB Malcolm Butler executed a perfect aggressive pursuit to get to the ball and managed to pick it.

No one fumbled the ball away or we didn't see Russell Wilson mishandle the snap or otherwise fail to get a pass off. He certainly didn't ....as some silly fans for whatever agenda might desire to paint it...choke.

After the play is called it was as we all saw it. A tremendous defensive play by an inexperienced defensive back. That man was Tom Brady and Bill Belichicks HERO for that Super Bowl win.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-04-2015 at 08:34 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

Depended on that outcome can you declare 'a choke' or a failure to execute?
    So did Wilson choke or fail to execute?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    So did Wilson choke or fail to execute?
    Neither !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

Russell Wilson gunned a near perfect pass.

Ricardo Lockette nearly got to and his hands on that pass.

New England's DB Malcolm Butler executed a perfect aggressive pursuit to get to the ball and managed to pick it.
    Actually the throw was high. If he throws the ball at waist level it is a TD or at worst an incomplete pass. Malcom Butler could only contest the throw because it was up high and could get through the WR's arms to the ball.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston