Thread: More Banjo: Conference @ Atlanta

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The MMQB @theMMQB
    Biggest offseason Q for Pack O: Rethink the offense? Put in some man-beaters? Can you keep relying on Rodgers to be epic game after game?

Oddly, while beating some very good defenses, this critique had disappeared. I think there is value in it, but it doesn't explain it all.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The MMQB @theMMQB
    Biggest offseason Q for Pack O: Rethink the offense? Put in some man-beaters? Can you keep relying on Rodgers to be epic game after game?

Oddly, while beating some very good defenses, this critique had disappeared. I think there is value in it, but it doesn't explain it all.
    The defense needs to be retooled, bigly.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    The defense needs to be retooled, bigly.
    I'm onboard with that. I'd be OK with moving on from Shields, Peppers, Guion, Jones, and redo Matthews' and Burnett deals. They're overpaid for what they bring at this point IMO.

Sign Perry and a shutdown corner and draft an edge rusher and corner early, and let the rest of the young guys fight for their careers. Hyde can stay as a utility guy only if cheap.

I'd also be on board with a new DC.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I'm onboard with that. I'd be OK with moving on from Shields, Peppers, Guion, Jones, and redo Matthews' and Burnett deals. They're overpaid for what they bring at this point IMO.

Sign Perry and a shutdown corner and draft an edge rusher and corner early, and let the rest of the young guys fight for their careers. Hyde can stay as a utility guy only if cheap.

I'd also be on board with a new DC.
    I am OK with Burnett. But need better coverage and pass rush. Also could still use ILB upgrade. Though when healthy, I think the 3 they have could get them by.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    I am OK with Burnett. But need better coverage and pass rush. Also could still use ILB upgrade. Though when healthy, I think the 3 they have could get them by.
    I like Burnett. Our ILB's as they kind of suck; if getting by is what we're looking for we "might" be alright but it would be grand to have one we can say is above average.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I like Burnett. Our ILB's as they kind of suck; if getting by is what we're looking for we "might" be alright but it would be grand to have one we can say is above average.
    Ryan and Martinez are kinda young. They are pretty good at stuffing the run. We can win with them. We need help with edge rushers and at corner.

Either every DB on the field is wrong about looking for burnett to help or he is late to help way to often. Not sure which it is.

Also, Vince, I would not let go of Guion. He is solid for what we pay and ask of him. I would like to see the Peppers/shields money go to paying a good shutdown corner if one is available. Then every other guy can take a step down the rung and be more effective.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Either every DB on the field is wrong about looking for burnett to help or he is late to help way to often. Not sure which it is.

Also, Vince, I would not let go of Guion. He is solid for what we pay and ask of him. I would like to see the Peppers/shields money go to paying a good shutdown corner if one is available. Then every other guy can take a step down the rung and be more effective.
    Yeah I don't disagree with Guion. And now that I look it up he's under contract for the next two years though he would cost less than $1 mil in dead cap to cut. I assumed he was playing under a 1-year deal and just speculating that Clark and Lowrey can step up so they can save some cap for the shutdown corner they desperately need. Cutting him would save $3 mil and they need that big body inside after letting Pennel go. I probably jumped the gun on him.

If they can come up with a defensive scheme that keeps Burnett in the box and/or singled up on the big pass-catching TE's, he's excellent there. I'm with you as well in saying he's not great as a 2-deep safety.

I'd like to see his $7 mil and Clay's $15.2 mil re-worked along with Shields' $9 mil ($12.125 cap less $3.125 dead money) taken off the books. Peppers' $10.5 comes off.

They'll need to find some more money, as they have over $13 mil in built-in increases for Cobb, Nelson, Bulaga, Daniels and Bakh. Those are likely to eat up the cap increase by themselves.

Lang's $6.2 comes off but Cook probably eats most of that right up.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay...rs/yearly/cap/
    Last edited by vince; 01-23-2017 at 08:21 AM.