Thread: Official Free Agency/Offseason Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Philadelphia Eagles and quarterback Jalen Hurts have reached agreement on a five-year, $255 million extension, including $179.304 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Monday.

Hurts' deal is the biggest total contract in NFL history, besting Deshaun Watson's $230 million contract signed last year with the Cleveland Browns. Watson's contract, however, is fully guaranteed.

Hurts extension includes a no-trade clause -- a first in Eagles history, a source told Schefter.
    A lot of money. But the fact this is not fully guaranteed is not good news for Lamar Jackson.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    A lot of money. But the fact this is not fully guaranteed is not good news for Lamar Jackson.
    Yeah, 5 years $255M is a lot of money for Hurts. I think he's good and I actually liked him over JLove that draft year, but I don't think he's that good. QB market is crazy though... even middling ones are expensive.
    Anyway, good for Philly, they have a QB signed long term.
    As for Lamar, dude needs to suck it up and realize he's not getting a fully guaranteed contract. Not with his play-style/injury history.

Players who negotiate without an agent can often end up with hard feelings towards the team. I think Rashan Gary is this way?