Thread: Aaron Jones Being Released

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Who is your source on what GB offered Jorday Nelson ? I thoght they had offered him 5MIL at the time too til this year but I think that was put out there by GB.
    If they offered him $2mil on a new signing, that's $4.8m total. How little do you think they offered him? 2 or 3 seems reasonable and a conservative estimate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    If they offered him $2mil on a new signing, that's $4.8m total. How little do you think they offered him? 2 or 3 seems reasonable and a conservative estimate.

They wanted to Jordy to come back at a base salary of 2 MIL/year. Gutie has no interest in bringing Nelson back. It's water under the bridge now, but that is what I've heard a few say what he was offfered. A couple sports guys from the media, the most credible one of which is Wilde, who had a ton of ins with Jordy Nelson, Devonte Adams, and even Rodgers....although his relationship with Rodgers has soured the past 5 years.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    They wanted to Jordy to come back at a base salary of 2 MIL/year. Gutie has no interest in bringing Nelson back. It's water under the bridge now, but that is what I've heard a few say what he was offfered. A couple sports guys from the media, the most credible one of which is Wilde, who had a ton of ins with Jordy Nelson, Devonte Adams, and even Rodgers....although his relationship with Rodgers has soured the past 5 years.
    I am getting old, but I thought Jordy's biggest bitch is they cut him and didn't even talk to him about a restructure. Am I just that forgetful?

edit: with the help of the google thing I found articles about the packers way lowballing him. Jordy's bitch was that they weren't fair. Lets be honest though. Jordy was going to be 33 to start the next year. He had a 700 yard season with the Raiders and then no one else would offer him a deal. The Raiders are the definition of a stupid franchise. Gutes made the right business decision.
    Last edited by bobblehead; 04-05-2024 at 10:56 AM.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I am getting old, but I thought Jordy's biggest bitch is they cut him and didn't even talk to him about a restructure. Am I just that forgetful?

edit: with the help of the google thing I found articles about the packers way lowballing him. Jordy's bitch was that they weren't fair. Lets be honest though. Jordy was going to be 33 to start the next year. He had a 700 yard season with the Raiders and then no one else would offer him a deal. The Raiders are the definition of a stupid franchise. Gutes made the right business decision.

I am not saying it was right or wrong. With Jordy catching 60 balls for the sad Raiders I think he could have done way better in that year with Rodgers. Jimmy was not a good signing of course

You should really download Wisconsin on Demmand. Some of these guys who have close relationships with Packer players get direct scoops and it's interesting to hear.

Jordy really wanted to finish his career in GB and he was fine taking a big paycut. HE just didn't want to get bent over. Gute didn't want him. So be it.

And Devonte was very bitter GB let him go into his contract year. One year before he left he wanted to extened with GB and it sounds like the stalemate was about 2MIL/year. it's very rare to let a superstar go into his contract year. Gute did with Adams. That is what lost him. And then once Devonte was out the door he threw out this big contract to make his image look good with GB. But he knew he had zero chance at that point.

ALSO, DID YOU KNOW ?

Ron Wolf interviewed for the Green Bay Packers job years ahead of when he took the job. He interviewed wth Judge Parins (Before Bob Harlan was hired and retructured who had the power).
    After the interview, Ron Wolf immediately removed his name from consideration. It was a messed up system then were the GM had very little control over anything. Harlan came in and changed that. And Marcia later changed it again.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?