Thread: Will Cobb earn the big contract many are expecting?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I agree that the WR group is a bit thin. When three of the top 5 leave in two years it is bound to thin things out a bit because their replacements are unknown

It is difficult to compare Adams and Jennings, they are quite different. But statistically their rookie years are not far apart:

Jennings as a rookie had - 45/632/3TDs
    Adams is on pace to have - 43/458/5TDs

and Jennings did it as mostly a starter, because the Packers had Driver and not much else. Ferguson played only 4 games, Koren Robinson played a month before being suspended the rest of the year, the TE was Bubba Franks and beyond that they had guys like Carlyle Holiday and Ruvell Martin.

Adams won't be another Greg Jennings, but he could be another James Jones, or better. That is probably a more suitable replacement for Cobb than a Jennings-type would be anyway.

But I hope they keep Cobb.
    Patler, ever since the Packers drafted Adams, I've told my family and friends he's the next Jordy Nelson. He's big, deceptively quick and can catch anything in the vicinity. They also both caught over 120 balls their last year in college. Jordy I think 122 and Adams in the 130s? I don't know, its always been my go to comparison. What do you think of that comparison?
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    Patler, ever since the Packers drafted Adams, I've told my family and friends he's the next Jordy Nelson. He's big, deceptively quick and can catch anything in the vicinity. They also both caught over 120 balls their last year in college. Jordy I think 122 and Adams in the 130s? I don't know, its always been my go to comparison. What do you think of that comparison?
    From what little I have seen so far with the Packers, I don't know if Adams has the down field ability that Nelson has. That's why I think of him more like Jones, a guy who might break some runs, but will be more effective running the short and intermediate routes. But, time will tell. I don't remember much about how Nelson looked as a rookie.

Adams is his own player. James jones, physically, is a decent comparison. Instincts, hands, natural talent..... Adams is more like Jennings or Cobb. He knows how to play. I think he's going to be a hell of a player.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.