Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
House is, through and through, a poor man's Al Harris. The Packers would be better off spending money on a guy like Cobb than resigning House to a $6 M/yr deal.

But if a guy like Daniel Snyder comes knocking and signs House to a deal worth that much, great, more power to the players. Fat cats have been exploiting players for far too long.
I don't expect the Packers to pay House that kind of money, and maybe no one will; but it won't surprise me at all if someone does, assuming House doesn't melt down in the 2nd half of the season. I don't see Sam Shields as a $10M CB either, but sometimes a team has to pay a player more than they would like to just to fill a need that can be a gaping hole without the player. My main point is that the salary cap is getting to a level that an everyday player can make a lot of money, even without being of all pro caliber. House can easily be one of those players. A $5-6M contract isn't all that big when the cap approaches a level that will pay players an average of $2.5-3M/player, especially when the typical teams has half it's players at about a million or less.

The Packers will have a tough decision this off season between House and Williams. They can't pay both. Williams isn't getting any younger, but seems to be playing better than two years ago.