Thread: PIMPING STOCKS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Palter and Kiwon...what stocks are you guys floating with ? Right now I'm in
    Applied Materials
    Under Armour
    Yahoo
    Channel Advisor (ECOM)
    ZU-Zulilly
    LOCK (Life Lock)

Had great returns with the first two, ok returns on the next two...and the last two are pretty recent and both pretty speculative IMO

I TOO almost jumped at Facebook at 24.....pissed now that I didn't.

Partial.....still shocked at you. Apple is fine....but there are so many with huge growth right now I'm surprised you are not embracing some of the futuristic ideas. I'm close friends with the investing guy at our company. He's looking for an exit point with AAPL as he's taken a loss and thinks it's not that well positioned.
    I only invest in things I follow closely. I have over 100K growing in the 401K, so I let that just do it's thing and don't worry about it. There is a lot of opportunity in 3D printing but again - I don't follow it closely enough to invest in it.

I do have a few bitcoin and litecoin but that is really just a moonshot thing to see what happens. I intend to hold these for a very long time.

My uncle swing trades triple leverage EFTs and I guess he has an algorithm where he hasn't lost a trade yet. He says it takes some serious balls and he has come close to losing his ass a few times, but he has always ended up coming out a head or even. I may start doing this and following his algorithm.

Right now... my focus is on the really big win. I'm building companies now. That is the best way to make big bucks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I only invest in things I follow closely. I have over 100K growing in the 401K, so I let that just do it's thing and don't worry about it. There is a lot of opportunity in 3D printing but again - I don't follow it closely enough to invest in it.

I do have a few bitcoin and litecoin but that is really just a moonshot thing to see what happens. I intend to hold these for a very long time.

My uncle swing trades triple leverage EFTs and I guess he has an algorithm where he hasn't lost a trade yet. He says it takes some serious balls and he has come close to losing his ass a few times, but he has always ended up coming out a head or even. I may start doing this and following his algorithm.

Right now... my focus is on the really big win. I'm building companies now. That is the best way to make big bucks.

You are in the tech industry, right ?
    Do you embrace the idea that the cloud is going to be HUGE ?
    There are a ton of start ups still in their very early stages as well as some due to IPO this year as well.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    You are in the tech industry, right ?
    Do you embrace the idea that the cloud is going to be HUGE ?
    There are a ton of start ups still in their very early stages as well as some due to IPO this year as well.
    Cloud will be huge, yes, but cloud is vague. What is cloud? I think TWTR will be huge eventually because it provides a value proposition. Are you talking abut virtual machine providers, or what do you mean by cloud? Cloud hosts, or software makers? I think Salesforce will be big, Jive seems like a decent buy at 10 bucks, etc.

I think Google and self driving cars will be insanely, unfathomably large.

I'm a gambler to a degree, but I don't really mess with stocks that I don't feel confident in. I'm extremely bullish on Apple. They are the strongest company in the world and valued like a chump. This soon, will change.