Thread: The Packers will sign at least one, probably 2 free agents starters in 2016.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That would be very nice. Contingency for Peppers falling off a cliff, for sure. Williams is 31, yeah?

E: Nope, he's still only 30. Lot of mileage, though. But then, that was true with Pep, also.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    That would be very nice. Contingency for Peppers falling off a cliff, for sure. Williams is 31, yeah?

E: Nope, he's still only 30. Lot of mileage, though. But then, that was true with Pep, also.
    Looking at William's career, I'm surprised at how few game he has missed. Only time he missed any games were his last 2 years in Houston, which I think was the toe thing. He hasn't missed a game in 3 seasons with Buffalo.

Buffalo sure ran him out of town this year though. Wonder what was up with that.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post

Well, he's 31 Sunday. Teams tend to chase guys who played lights out against them. Super Mario had a clutch sack vs GB that was the Bills dagger in that very fugly game against us last season (2014). The Bengals went up to Buff last season & I told the locals here they would be beaten. One of the guys I watched was Mario Williams. But the Bengals didn't. Star RT Andre Smith manhandled Super Mario who had 1 tackle and just flat out disappeared.

4 Pro bowls, many off season honors, but an in and out career on balance. There are many similarities with Pep. Both are paw down DE's that long to play WIL. He can be a force out there. Misses some games with varieties of injuries. A great DE who would prefer to be a cover and sometimes blitzer WIL in a 3-4? Sounds like Pep, but he can be fiery one week, then disappear the next. Needs coaching and a scheme that helps his skill set.

We put one toe in the FA water every few years. If Super Mario doesn't go in the early rounds of vet FA, TT might dip that toe.

We are going to have to take some chances to improve on both sides of the ball. MW might be the kind of cat we take a flyer on.