Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
What you saw was a great game. Best game I've watched in a long time. The offenses looked completely vexed b/c the defense was so spectacularly good for both teams.

As I said in another thread, to me, the most important aspect of the game was Denver's rush ends controlling both OT's; taking 1/2 the man rushes that controlled the OT and leveraged Cam into the pocket by making sure they didn't take their rushes too far upfield. Denver did this consistently; and, they consistently got pressure with four - when they sent four. On blitz's? Wade Philips was brilliant; the coverage was great... beautiful thing to watch.

And Carolina was just as good. Kuechley is great player; Norman is one of the best corners in the game; Ealy was a beast in the SB; Thomas Davis; etc, etc... Carolina's defense was great too - watching CJ Anderson battle for 90 yds... love that type of game. Very tough in the trenches...

My kind of game
In an era where the offense is so favored by the rules, it was outstanding to see the 2 best defensive teams battle it out. Very enjoyable game.