Thread: Tell me again how the Packers have faith in Ty Montgomery.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gamblin' Rat
    Michael is a workout/metrics beast. For NFL teams to not covet him means there's something else very wrong with this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPackFan View Post
    Michael is a workout/metrics beast. For NFL teams to not covet him means there's something else very wrong with this kid.
    It isn't a mystery. He has skills. He also has little vision and is scatter shot in his approach to choosing a hole. Sometimes he dances. Sometimes he puts his head down and pile drives a Guard in the kidneys. His mind is going 150 mph in the 35 mph backfield.

Once he clear the LOS or has a lane, he is very good with decent cuts and straight line speed.

But 3 or 4 years in, if the vision and backfield reads haven't slowed down for him, not sure when they will.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPackFan View Post
    He has no vision running. MM preaches plant the foot and go. Chrissy plants both feet, dances a jitterbug, goes, then stops. Reverses course, commits to a hole, sees the safety so he breaks it outside. Strings the OLB out worse than I'm stringing out this analogy and then falls over.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    He has no vision running. MM preaches plant the foot and go. Chrissy plants both feet, dances a jitterbug, goes, then stops. Reverses course, commits to a hole, sees the safety so he breaks it outside. Strings the OLB out worse than I'm stringing out this analogy and then falls over.
    It sounds like you're describing Barry Sanders - except maybe for the falling down part.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    It sounds like you're describing Barry Sanders - except maybe for the falling down part.
    And you just described the difference between barry and chrissy
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.