Thread: Grade the 2016 draft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Spriggs has all the measurable except size. Can he bulk up to 330 by next year and develop the punch you need in the NFL. This draft grade lives and dies by what spriggs weighs July 1st 2017.
    He won't and shouldn't be 330 by next year or ever. He has good lower body strength. Despite 31 bench presses, he needs to improve upper body strength. Not to the tune of an extra 30 pounds. My guess is he'll settle in at around 315, maybe 320 in his prime.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    He won't and shouldn't be 330 by next year or ever. He has good lower body strength. Despite 31 bench presses, he needs to improve upper body strength. Not to the tune of an extra 30 pounds. My guess is he'll settle in at around 315, maybe 320 in his prime.
    Then he should make a fine RT someday. And lower body strength is what matters for linemen, not upper (with the rare exception of former Greco Roman wrestlers who translate upper body into balance and leverage).

He needs the size so that the bulls don't run through him. He seems to have good feet, and understands the angles, but if you get run over it doesn't matter.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.