Thread: Demovsky - Shields Done in Green Bay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I wanted red to start ranting about two of his favorite scapegoats.
    i have never been a fan of burnett, i always remember him being about 2 or 3 steps too slow on help all the time

hyde, i don't mind so much

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i have never been a fan of burnett, i always remember him being about 2 or 3 steps too slow on help all the time

I've never been a burnett fan either, mainly cuz I think he hits like a pussy and early on I thought he made mental mistakes. That being said he is an adequate tackler and to be honest without an overhead view and knowing the coverage calls I couldn't say for sure if he is out of position. The way MM loves his smart guys and loves burnett, I have to believe he isn't out of position very often.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I've never been a burnett fan either, mainly cuz I think he hits like a pussy and early on I thought he made mental mistakes. That being said he is an adequate tackler and to be honest without an overhead view and knowing the coverage calls I couldn't say for sure if he is out of position. The way MM loves his smart guys and loves burnett, I have to believe he isn't out of position very often.
    Some very savvy Pack fans are posting some things that amaze re: Dix and Burnett. Bobble says Burnett "hits like a pussy" We'd have to get a 12 pack and argue over some all 22 film bc I disagree with you all down the line. Does MB get beat from time to time? Shit yeah, so does Earl Thomas. Burnett takes the back line call (Cover 2, Cover 3, or a rotation) gets the boys lined up and then gets himself in his pre-snap tech. he does a great job of it and does all he can to be the deepest of the deep and be in position. "Hits like a pussy"? Bullshit, he makes a studied effort to be in position to deliver a blow. He usually does that, a form tackle, low hard and clean, not the ESPN highlight licks in the helmet to get on sports center. Ouotes from the lunatic fringies are just fine. Nobody pays any attention to those goofs anyhow

These two boys are good solid hands that get their mates lined up and aggressively make plays. Their pass cover is done well. I'd like to have an Ed Reed (best I've ever seen) back there, too. Shit Nick Collins was on his way to that level of greatness when he went down with a freaky career-ender. Those cats are once in a career type guys. We've got these two guys solid hands back there and need to stay together for a few years. I like 'em and we need to keep them together, working in concert settling shit down in the back 7.

Red? Wait til he gets full of war juice and gets on a rant. He's usually pretty vulnerable then.

That is fair, red for Burnett. Skin for Hyde, and he has covered that elsewhere already
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

He hits like Sharper on TO in the playoffs. He does seem to come up with a pick in big situations though. You could do a lot worse than Burnet