Thread: More Banjo: Week 7 vs Bears

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think you mean Cal. (Trevor Davis) If he was from Stanford, he's be ready.

He would add a speed dimension. I've kind of given up on Janis. Million dollar body and a 10 cent head.
    Yeah, I too have given up on Janis but not sure its due to his head, he scored a 30 on the wonderlic. Maybe ADHD?

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    Yeah, I too have given up on Janis but not sure its due to his head, he scored a 30 on the wonderlic. Maybe ADHD?
    Maybe he's just not a very good WR?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Maybe he's just not a very good WR?
    How many years did the Vikings wait for Patterson to come around, seems like they have been working with him for years, he looked pretty good today, maybe we need to have the same patience with Janis.

Quote Originally Posted by deake View Post
    How many years did the Vikings wait for Patterson to come around, seems like they have been working with him for years, he looked pretty good today, maybe we need to have the same patience with Janis.
    They are one year apart.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Zimmerman was threatening to cut Patterson in camp this year. Maybe that lit a fire. Patterson was a first rounder who is a very good KR.

The Vikes almost had to be patient with Patterson seeing he was a 1st round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    No, you can be smart but not game aware in a sport.

Janis has likely always physically dominated his opponents and so the small bits of gamesmanship and chiseling an edge outside the rules are lost on him.

So if you negate the physical edge, he doesn't know how to compete. Like Larry Bird knowing how to shoot lights out but unable to draw a foul on contact after a head and shoulder fake.

Just leaves him in a hole. He might be smart enough to be too stubborn to learn the lesson.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.