Thread: "PACKERS in PRIME POSITION TO TRADE DOWN IN DRAFT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    i think this is something we've all believed every year that the great white penny pincher has been GM

and thats what sucks about drafting towards the end every year, you sit around for 2 or 3 hours waiting for our pick, only for us to trade out of the first. night wasted

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i think this is something we've all believed every year that the great white penny pincher has been GM

and thats what sucks about drafting towards the end every year, you sit around for 2 or 3 hours waiting for our pick, only for us to trade out of the first. night wasted
    red, get your glasses un-fogged. This is the weekly entry in "things that won't happen but make for a great headline because fans believe it happens all the time" from JSO.

To wit, the article self-refutes the headline in its first paragraph:

GREEN BAY - Just once in Ted Thompson’s 12 drafts for the Green Bay Packers has the general manager traded out of the first round.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    red, get your glasses un-fogged. This is the weekly entry in "things that won't happen but make for a great headline because fans believe it happens all the time" from JSO.

To wit, the article self-refutes the headline in its first paragraph:
    thats why i said it the way i did

every year we here that this could be a trade down year

GREEN BAY - Just once in Ted Thompson’s 12 drafts for the Green Bay Packers has the general manager traded out of the first round.
    And IIRC, that one time was the year they drafted Jordi. I'll accept that!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    And IIRC, that one time was the year they drafted Jordi. I'll accept that!
    yup, thats the one

sat around all day waiting for that pick, and the guys i wanted were there for the taking

luckily, it wasn't like it is today where you have to wait a whole day for round 2