Thread: ARE WE GIVING AROD A FREE PASS ??????????????????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Typically, Rodgers is very rarely late on a throw. The last three games, he was often late. The throw intercepted by Sherman was late. Adams initially gained separation and if the throw had been a tick quicker getting there, Adams probably catches it for a TD. As I recall, the incompletion to R. Rodgers on second down just before the FG to tie was also lust a bit late, allowing the LB to tighten up and dislodge the reception. Throwing windows are small in the NFL, and late throws are caught for no yac, are incomplete, or are intercepted. I think Rodgers timing has been off, because he has been moving cautiously, with plodding steps. His drops and movements are slower, disrupting delicate timing. Lastly, he strides more tentaviley into long throws, and probably has less "drive" on his throws. As a result, his unique accuracy was diminished.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Typically, Rodgers is very rarely late on a throw. The last three games, he was often late. The throw intercepted by Sherman was late. Adams initially gained separation and if the throw had been a tick quicker getting there, Adams probably catches it for a TD. As I recall, the incompletion to R. Rodgers on second down just before the FG to tie was also lust a bit late, allowing the LB to tighten up and dislodge the reception. Throwing windows are small in the NFL, and late throws are caught for no yac, are incomplete, or are intercepted. I think Rodgers timing has been off, because he has been moving cautiously, with plodding steps. His drops and movements are slower, disrupting delicate timing. Lastly, he strides more tentaviley into long throws, and probably has less "drive" on his throws. As a result, his unique accuracy was diminished.
    Good points. Also, the swirling wind may have played a factor - in both QB's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Good points. Also, the swirling wind may have played a factor - in both QB's performance.
    I'm sure the wind and rain hurt this week, but Rodgers timing and accuracy have been off the last three games. I'm fairly certain the calf has been a major factor in that.

I'm sure the wind and rain hurt this week, but Rodgers timing and accuracy have been off the last three games. I'm fairly certain the calf has been a major factor in that.
    I too think Rodgers' injury was more severe than anyone at 1265 was letting on. Activating Tolzien the past couple of games was telling IMO.

I have to agree with Patler here. Footwork is one of the most important aspects of a QB's timing and rhythm. Rodgers and M3 stress footwork probably more than any coach/QB combo out there as the foundation for a solid passing game. On the road, against what many consider to be the best defense of our generation, Rodgers was dealing with a significant impediment to his style of play.

There have been plenty of playoff games where we can fault Rodgers (San Fran a couple of times, for instance, vs. the Bears in the NFCC the first time, etc) but this is not one.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.