Thread: More Banjo: Week 4 vs. New Orleans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My guess is that McCarthy brought the wrong game plan to the game and the Saints knew it soon after the start.

He felt boxed in by new starter and banged up O line and the Saints were ready for the scaled down version.

Anyone else see a lot of 11 personnel with man coverage who were open? They did some bunches but only after Hundley moved them and then twice those bunches produced two receivers running the same route.
    Last edited by pbmax; 10-22-2017 at 04:33 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    My guess is that McCarthy brought the wrong game plan to the game and the Saints knew it soon after the start.

He felt boxed in by new starter and banged up O line and the Saints were ready for the scaled down version.

Anyone else see a lot of 11 personnel with man coverage who were open? They did some bunches but only after Hundley moved them and then twice those bunches produced two receivers running the same route.
    You might be right - he probably didn't trust Hundley with the entire playbook and held him back and the team suffered because of it. Perhaps Stubby had visions of what happened in2013?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

why would the playbook have to be cut down at all?

the guys been the top backup for 3 years, its not like he just got the playbook last week

he has been, or should have been running all these plays for 3 years