Thread: Shea McClellin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I'll take a Brooks Reed or Conner Barwin type player any day as my #2 OLB over a guy who most project to be a situational pass rusher....one who could be an excellent one...but whose versatility seems very minimized
    Conner Barwin is not the same type of player as Brooks Reed. Barwin is among the most physically gifted athletes in all of football. The only reason he wasn't a first round pick was because he was a converted TE with very little experience.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Conner Barwin is not the same type of player as Brooks Reed. Barwin is among the most physically gifted athletes in all of football. The only reason he wasn't a first round pick was because he was a converted TE with very little experience.

It seems like nearly all of the mock's lately have us taking Merciles, Upshaw, Branch, .Perry or Mcclelin.

In the end that probably means we'll take Peter Konz, the C from Wisconsin

I'd honestly be happy with any of the above if they use the 2nd round pick on a DL like Crick or Wolfe.

I'm also fine with Bruce Irvin as long as our scouts don't project him to be a one trick pass rushing pony

Add Russell Wilson at the end of round four and the rest would be icing on the cake.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

This is the least of followed the draft in a long time.

The guys I've watched. . . . .

I don't like Perry or Reyes. I especially don't like Perry.

I do like McClellin A LOT. I like Crick and Wolfe a lot too.

McClellin is a very safe bet at OLB. I can't imagine him being anything but damn good. Every play I watched (and it wasn't just highlights) he was in his spot and made plays from his spot without gambling by getting out of position. He sets up the guys blocking him masterfully. He's not just a sack guy. He's an everything guy. And he's a big guy. You could play a smaller DE in front of him, like Crick or Wolfe. Double your pleasure. Two guys on the right side who can get after it and still play the run on that side.

The Pickett/Matthews combo is nice on the left side. The run stopper and the pass rusher. . . . Together, they can do it all. The other side, if you have a better pass rusher DE and a guy like McClellin behind him. . . . That's another nice combo. And come 3rd down, McClellin is a guy you can do a lot of things with. He masks what he's doing very well. He's a guy who will stunt, delay and rush straight up. He brings a lot to the table. He's my favorite of the OLB prospects. . . . I said it earlier, but over and over, the pass protection ended up confused by him. He ran a lot of deception type blitzes and was great at it. His timing, the way he sets things up. . . He has a special knack.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 04-15-2012 at 08:48 PM.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.