Thread: Bosa still unsigned

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I live near Columbus. I've seen him a lot. Bosa is a very good prospect. He's not a can't-miss prospect or short order "beast" though. He relied extensively on his superior size and strength in college, along with having a lot of superior talent around him in defensive support. All those advantages are now gone at the NFL level. He's not a guy with freakish speed that can just beat NFL OTs from a three point stance. He doesn't have a wide array of pass rush moves and will need to learn and adapt. However, he is technically sound with his hands and feet for the most part, so I don't think he will be prone to becoming a total flop.

He needs to get his ass into camp and start figuring out what it takes to succeed in the NFL...because I'm not sure he's a kid who has ever had to really WORK to get ahead in football to this point. Some guys relish that challenge...some guys shrink from it. Only time will tell which group Bosa falls into.
    Respectfully, I see some of what you're seeing but he was a clear stud in college that made the players around him better. We'll see if that translates to the pros. I think his athleticism numbers are clearly a cut above many other linemen.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Respectfully, I see some of what you're seeing but he was a clear stud in college that made the players around him better. We'll see if that translates to the pros. I think his athleticism numbers are clearly a cut above many other linemen.
    http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=7577

He's got it alright. Just a winner.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I know people like to rip on me for saying Vince Young had "it". He did have "it", though. He was rookie of the year, 2x pro bowler, and a dark horse MVP candidate. Eventually he succumbed to some mental health and injury issues and his career went down hill in a hurry.

I don't think that takes away from the great things he did as a player and the phenomenal talent he was.

Given Joey Bosa's lack of medical or mental concerns (that we know of), I fail to see the comparison at this time.

BTW, I am sure someone could easily pull up instances where you're wrong about a player too. Sorry man. I was wrong about Vince Young being a sustained great player. His greatness was short lived due to injury and mental health.

I am trying to understand why a San Diego Charger Rookie has a thread in the Green Bay Packers category on a Packers Forum ?

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    I am trying to understand why a San Diego Charger Rookie has a thread in the Green Bay Packers category on a Packers Forum ?
    Cuz it's the offseason?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Cuz it's the offseason?
    I see your "Cuz" and raise you a " What ? "

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Well... this is the only NFL area. Typically we have a lot of "other" threads running for around the league info, such as:

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...penings-Thread

Generally, nobody gets their nose bent out of shape over the occasional specific, but non-Packer threads that come and go quickly from time to time, except of course for the occasional new poster who thinks they can make their mark by being a troublemaker.

By the way, your style is very reminiscent of another poster who had several reincarnations here in the past. Not an accusation, just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post

You forget to mention a pretty BIG item of note...

Watt weighed 290 at the combine.

Bosa weighed 269.

Still think they are equal?
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!