Thread: __________, We Hardly Knew Ye

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    agree on wisconson favorite son abbrederis...nothing last year and has missed the entire camp. i think he's toast.
    This is just speculation on my part but the coaches must see something in Abby that they like for them to keep him around so long. If he was indeed toast why didn't they cut him on Tuesday after he passed the concussion protocols? I wonder if his route running and ability to read defenses is superior to White and Janis and this is why he is still around?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    This is just speculation on my part but the coaches must see something in Abby that they like for them to keep him around so long. If he was indeed toast why didn't they cut him on Tuesday after he passed the concussion protocols? I wonder if his route running and ability to read defenses is superior to White and Janis and this is why he is still around?
    We know one thing for sure, he didn't punch any coaches or sleep with any of their daughters!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Or, they have absolutely no idea what he has to offer, because they have never seen him take a meaningful snap, but want to find out before letting him go. The cutdown to 75 isn't too difficult, lot's of guys don't belong. Not hard to keep him around for a quick look anyway.

Abby was always going to make the 75 just on his draft position alone. They saw something in him to draft him, even if he was not showing it on the field. Making the final cut is a whole different ball game.