Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
As a digression: I'm not a fan of his either. I have no proof but there are times where it feels like he's meddled, and there have been times where at a minimum he's contributed to bungling things related to Rodgers.
I will say that if you judge him solely by his role in growing the business and making the Green Bay Packers profitable, he's done a very good job. If you believe some reports, between the team itself and Titletown District they have practically been printing money in recent years.

Murphy will have a complicated legacy that I think will soften in time, but I know a lot of fans don't care for him.
Just to get us back on track with the thread, and just because I'm avoiding work, I'll mention here that apparently Ron Wolf used the #15 overall pick in 1993 to draft Wayne Simmons.

I'd love to see a Wayne Simmons-level player drafted at #15, complete with the nastiness but without the stupidity of, say, Quay Walker last year a few times.

Though I'm sure Simmons wouldn't have been able to play that style of his - he was flat-out nasty - in today's game.