what excuse did I make for him?

I consider everyone of your posts to be sorry excuses, on par with:

My dog ate my paper.
    The sun got in my eyes.
    I didn't know it was plugged in.
    I'm just a stupid college kid.

Etc, etc, etc.....
    Don't forget:

I meant to pull out (now please send my baby momma a check every month)
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacopete4
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    I read something from a Packer fan that I feel is most appropriate during this time. It's no fluff piece and pretty much gives a heart-felt summary. I think people on both sides of the Favre drama can relate to. I found this on Packerpalace and it's not a news article so I think it's ok to post here. The author's name is Ray.

"After stewing in this for a day or so, I gotta say under no circumstances am I willing to throw Brett under the bus, I just can't. I look at it now as our most beloved player, at least since the sixties, and the player who loves the name brand of Green Bay Packers more than anyone since the sixties, is, in effect, a jilted lover, and I can dig that, and I love him for it. I will never forget that virtually the first thing he said in a New York press conference was I will always be a Packer, gave me chills. Add to that his being the prime ingredient that made it safe for me to go to work in Chicago on Monday mornings, and that in the financial district, pretty much the heart of the Bear lair, to see Bear fans go from intentionally mispronouncing his name, to outright envy of him to the point where their outlook changed to the only problem with him is the team he plays for, obviously all of us could go on and on about the thrills he gave us, I really must stress look at it as the sad end of a very intense love affair, (but one that nearly doubtlessly, even in light of this, will eventually be restored to inferno status)which nearly all of us have endured I guess, and ask yourself where your own sense of reasoning was at that time. Pretty skewed I will wager.

I admit even though it means better draft choices I have not exactly rooted for Brett as a Jet, the worst part of me wanted to see him get injured in that first game, after all, I am jilted myself and have been a Packer backer since before Brett was born. In closing I will say I don't think Brett is close to being washed up, near as I can tell he go this hard til he is 43, wish it was as our backup or starter, but I have every confidence that TT will use whatever draft choice it is as I believe he always does, and that is intelligently. To those who want to toss TT under the bus, I will bet that when his tenure in Green Bay is over, he will say that was bar none the most difficult thing he had to do, it might not seem like it, but a heart beats in that guy to, he really understands what fits in Green Bay, and surely understood nobody ever fit like Brett Favre, but somebody had to make a decision and sign the damn papers."

If he goes hard that long, and is who he keeps being... why did someone have to sign the papers? Why, for all he's done and how great he really is as a QB in the NFL, did we have to basically "give" him away? Why would we ever give a guy away at the age he's at, out playing young talent, why would we give that away. We can make a case where as Arod needed to play, but was QB play really our problem for the past 10 years? Ask yourself that... I mean if the Packers organization, in any year could have put together a full team around this guy... EVERYONE, not just some, but EVERYONE who is a fan of football would be talking about the most athletic, most talented player to ever play the game....

if only he had played for the 49ers, steelers, cowboys, or patriots i guess... because those teams had actual TEAMS... not just a few stellar players... they had TEAMS that won SB's. Favre put together the greatest numbers the game might ever see with so-so teams other than his 3 years from 96-98. People fail to understand that, but guess what... Favre does understand that... and at age 39, he's bitter at the packer organization not only for TT being a douche to him, but for all the things in the past that they never gave him as a player and that was fucking talent.... he won with offensive players that wont be known by people in the next 20 years... he set records with people that say... "who's that".... he is the best that will ever play this game, and im not afraid to say it... he did it with class and dignity and he's been shit on by a horrible franchise that did nothing for him in the long run... shame on you Green Bay Packers.. Brett does not thank you for Ray Rhodes or Mike Sherman or TT.... he hates u for it! ..... and I do too..
    Wow that is pretty extreme! I would like to clarify that I think Rodgers is developing nicely into his job. He has really shown me something. The guy has really made some big boy throws! Also I love to watch Brett play more than any other player period! Bar none! The guy has been a pleasure.....We can debate whether it was time to go forever, it doesn't really matter, he is gone. I would rather he finished in Green and Gold, but I don't get to make those decisions. The thing that gets me is some around here seem to want to desecrate all he has been to This franchise to validate their opinions...that sucks! You can be of the mind that it was time to go and still be a fan of his. All of you who shit on him at every turn are pretty sad! Now I don't bash TT(think he has done a great job) Don't bash Rodgers(think he has been stellar), but I do bash the few blowhards around here who can't handle being a Favre fan as well as a Packer fan.

I read something from a Packer fan that I feel is most appropriate during this time. It's no fluff piece and pretty much gives a heart-felt summary. I think people on both sides of the Favre drama can relate to. I found this on Packerpalace and it's not a news article so I think it's ok to post here. The author's name is Ray.

"After stewing in this for a day or so, I gotta say under no circumstances am I willing to throw Brett under the bus, I just can't. I look at it now as our most beloved player, at least since the sixties, and the player who loves the name brand of Green Bay Packers more than anyone since the sixties, is, in effect, a jilted lover, and I can dig that, and I love him for it. I will never forget that virtually the first thing he said in a New York press conference was I will always be a Packer, gave me chills. Add to that his being the prime ingredient that made it safe for me to go to work in Chicago on Monday mornings, and that in the financial district, pretty much the heart of the Bear lair, to see Bear fans go from intentionally mispronouncing his name, to outright envy of him to the point where their outlook changed to the only problem with him is the team he plays for, obviously all of us could go on and on about the thrills he gave us, I really must stress look at it as the sad end of a very intense love affair, (but one that nearly doubtlessly, even in light of this, will eventually be restored to inferno status)which nearly all of us have endured I guess, and ask yourself where your own sense of reasoning was at that time. Pretty skewed I will wager.

I admit even though it means better draft choices I have not exactly rooted for Brett as a Jet, the worst part of me wanted to see him get injured in that first game, after all, I am jilted myself and have been a Packer backer since before Brett was born. In closing I will say I don't think Brett is close to being washed up, near as I can tell he go this hard til he is 43, wish it was as our backup or starter, but I have every confidence that TT will use whatever draft choice it is as I believe he always does, and that is intelligently. To those who want to toss TT under the bus, I will bet that when his tenure in Green Bay is over, he will say that was bar none the most difficult thing he had to do, it might not seem like it, but a heart beats in that guy to, he really understands what fits in Green Bay, and surely understood nobody ever fit like Brett Favre, but somebody had to make a decision and sign the damn papers."

If he goes hard that long, and is who he keeps being... why did someone have to sign the papers? Why, for all he's done and how great he really is as a QB in the NFL, did we have to basically "give" him away? Why would we ever give a guy away at the age he's at, out playing young talent, why would we give that away. We can make a case where as Arod needed to play, but was QB play really our problem for the past 10 years? Ask yourself that... I mean if the Packers organization, in any year could have put together a full team around this guy... EVERYONE, not just some, but EVERYONE who is a fan of football would be talking about the most athletic, most talented player to ever play the game....

if only he had played for the 49ers, steelers, cowboys, or patriots i guess... because those teams had actual TEAMS... not just a few stellar players... they had TEAMS that won SB's. Favre put together the greatest numbers the game might ever see with so-so teams other than his 3 years from 96-98. People fail to understand that, but guess what... Favre does understand that... and at age 39, he's bitter at the packer organization not only for TT being a douche to him, but for all the things in the past that they never gave him as a player and that was fucking talent.... he won with offensive players that wont be known by people in the next 20 years... he set records with people that say... "who's that".... he is the best that will ever play this game, and im not afraid to say it... he did it with class and dignity and he's been shit on by a horrible franchise that did nothing for him in the long run... shame on you Green Bay Packers.. Brett does not thank you for Ray Rhodes or Mike Sherman or TT.... he hates u for it! ..... and I do too..
    PacoPete I have a question for you.

If you could have had Favre for 1-2 years (however many he would have played) but then Rodgers would have signed elsewhere and we'd be starting from sratch with either Flynn, Brohm, a draft pick, or FA would you have done that?
    Go PACK

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641

If you could have had Favre for 1-2 years (however many he would have played) but then Rodgers would have signed elsewhere and we'd be starting from sratch with either Flynn, Brohm, a draft pick, or FA would you have done that?

Bossman, I know we don't get along but yes. We have a 2nd round pick in Brohm who like Rodgers slipped thru the cracks to us and a guy whos won a national championship. You give Favre this year and next and by that time, MM has them groomed to take over as well and this problem of letting Favre walk, never happens. I really would've been ok with that, and thats just my opinion on it.

Bossman, I know we don't get along but yes. We have a 2nd round pick in Brohm who like Rodgers slipped thru the cracks to us and a guy whos won a national championship. You give Favre this year and next and by that time, MM has them groomed to take over as well and this problem of letting Favre walk, never happens. I really would've been ok with that, and thats just my opinion on it.
    Fair enough, was just wondering
    Go PACK

I think the problem is Thompson and Coach Mac had a pretty good idea what they were getting in Rodgers and didnt want to roll the dice on another guy developing.

My person problem with it is, we would have spend Feb-April this year again wondering if Favre was going to retire again. Admittedly I was a little nervous about how the QB play would pan out this year, but that has been put to rest. Now if we could just get a DT or 2.....I'm looking at you Harrell. Get off the bench.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

I know you asked someone else, but Id like to take a crack at it anyway. I wouldn't have done it(big shock). Why you ask? Becuase I refuse to waste 5 years developing a guy for someone else. Especially a guy a 1st rounder was spent on. Also, by going with Rodgers, you now have 3 QB's form wihich you hope one becomes a long term starter. If Rodgers excels, I trade Brohm, if Rodgers flops and Brohm or Flynn excel in his place, I trade Rodgers. Basically I have many options to play with and most likely one of them will get me my long term starter. Just like TT increasing the number of his draft picks to make your chances better of hitting on someone, I keep these 3 QB's.

Paco, are you even a Packer fan? You're saying it's not just TT - it goes back to Mike Sherman and Ron Wolf, too? Wolf after all hired Rhodes and did not step down as GM until mid-2001 or so.

I think a person can be a Favre fan and a Packers' fan. No problem. But you seem to just hate the Packers as an organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool

I think the problem is Thompson and Coach Mac had a pretty good idea what they were getting in Rodgers and didnt want to roll the dice on another guy developing.

My person problem with it is, we would have spend Feb-April this year again wondering if Favre was going to retire again. Admittedly I was a little nervous about how the QB play would pan out this year, but that has been put to rest. Now if we could just get a DT or 2.....I'm looking at you Harrell. Get off the bench.
    Agreed

As big an unknown Rodgers was to the rest of the NFL, at least the coaching staff had a good idea of what they had in him, and they've been correct so far. While I believe MM is very good at developing QB's there's no way we can sit and say for sure that Brohm will turn out.

For me it would have been a lot more difficult to see Rodgers on another team for the next 10 years knowing the Packers had spent years developing him then it is to see Favre on the Jets for a year or two. But again, that's just me, and I know others will feel differently.
    Go PACK

... he set records with people that say... "who's that"....

Don't ever disrespect Ahman Green again.

.... shame on you Green Bay Packers.. Brett does not thank you for Ray Rhodes or Mike Sherman or TT.... he hates u for it! ..... and I do too..

There. You've said it. You hate the Packers. That's been my point all along. That's why you get the same respect from me as dabaddestbear - because you're a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    .... shame on you Green Bay Packers.. Brett does not thank you for Ray Rhodes or Mike Sherman or TT.... he hates u for it! ..... and I do too..

There. You've said it. You hate the Packers. That's been my point all along. That's why you get the same respect from me as dabaddestbear - because you're a troll.
    Paco you need some help boy....hate Mike Sherman and Rhodes? They did the best they could and failed....that's it. They didn't try and destroy the team. I'll argue that Sherman had a great team for a short time and really had a shot at the SB....but we fell short for a number of reasons...on of them being Favre.

It's time to move on.
    C.H.U.D.

I wonder if he thanks them for the milions upon millions of dollars they paid him?
    GO PACK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    In case anyone cares, the transcript of Favre's Presser is here. It's good to get his side of the story. The very last question intrigues me. I want to know the answer - who released the info and why. What did Favre know and when did he know it?

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/ar...ranscript.aspx

Justin Harrell has provided the best analysis of this question. The Packers hired a media savvy politician to help them. Politicians are wonderful twisters and understand how to get people on your side. He thought the Packers found out and they are the source. Makes as much sense as anything else.

I wonder what Favre is paying ESPN to be his mouthpiece.

most likely nothing..
    Of course not. ESPN loves to suck up. carry water and kiss Favre's ass. The guy could commit murder and ESPN would be railing at injustice, calling Favre the victim. ESPN is total garbage.

ESPN = Disney

Brett Favre = Disney Movie

Dennis Quad = Brett Favre

All this = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    This is the smartest thing you've ever said.

Brett Favre's arm, game come up short

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo..._up_short.html

BY RICH CIMINI
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Wednesday, October 22nd 2008, 9:57 AM

Brett Favre's curiously conservative play has some speculating problem is his arm and not Jets' brain trust.

The Brett Favre insider-trading story has created quite a buzz around the NFL, raising a semi-related question: If an opposing player shared secrets about Favre and the Jets' offense, what would he say?

Actually, the Raiders provided some insight into that question, and there was nothing secret about it. They did it in broad daylight. Just check out the game tape and you will see that, in the overtime period of Sunday's game, the Raiders stacked the line of scrimmage, basically daring Favre to beat them with his arm - absolute heresy.
    PHOTO GALLERY: RAIDERS DOWN JETS IN OVERTIME

Deploying safety Gibril Wilson as a linebacker, the Raiders put eight men in the box on seven of the 14 plays (mostly on first and second down), leaving the Jets' receivers in man-to-man coverage. Quarterbacks live for those situations, especially a gunslinger such as Favre, but he - and the coaches - played it safe. The situation screamed for a play-action pass.

Instead of attacking downfield, they ran eight times into the teeth of the defense, resulting in three punts, an eventual loss and heavy criticism of conservative play calling. Maybe the Raiders were on to something.

Only two of Favre's 34 pass attempts in regulation traveled more than 20 yards in the air, a shockingly low number for a big-armed passer. Maybe, just maybe, the big arm is hurting. There is circumstantial evidence. Many of his throws lacked the usual velocity, especially the 8-yard pass to Jerricho Cotchery that was intercepted in the end zone - a ball ... that ... took ... forever ... to ... get ... there.

Perhaps Favre still was feeling the effects of a big hit from the previous week, when the Bengals' Jonathan Fanene crashed into the quarterback's fully extended arm, a play vaguely reminiscent of the one that wrecked Chad Pennington's rotator cuff. Favre got up slowly, rotating his arm as if to test the shoulder.

CBS showed a clip of the Fanene hit during the Oakland game, with the announcers raising the issue of a possible injury. They said Favre told them it was just "wear and tear on a 39-year-old body." When Dick Enberg chimed in, he quoted Favre as saying his arm was "sore."

At the start of the second quarter, Favre took another punishing shot. The camera caught him wincing as he made a shaking-out-the-sting motion. Maybe that explains why the Jets opted for a nickel-and-dime attack for the second straight week. If not, the coaching staff needs to take a hard look at the matter, because Favre's personality isn't suited to being a nickel-and-dime passer.

The Jets did take one shot in overtime - a wide-open Chris Baker fell down at the Oakland 32 - but it wasn't enough. Favre is averaging only 6.77 yards per attempt, 22nd in the league, far behind his predecessor. The weak-armed Pennington stands fourth at 8.12, an indictment of the Jets' passing game, which, except for the Cards, hasn't scared anyone. There's no need to panic if it's the game plan. If it's the shoulder, well, that's panic-worthy.

Dennis Quad = Brett Favre

Dianna Ross = Brett Favre
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    "especially the 8-yard pass to Jerricho Cotchery that was intercepted in the end zone - a ball ... that ... took ... forever ... to ... get ... there. "

That's not a very good article - the receiver fell down on this play. The ball was moving plenty fast. It doesn't take forever to travel 15 yards. Still, there could be something to the story. Very conservative play calling indeed.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    I heard some chatter on sports radio (Fox affliate mebbe) that there were rumors in NY that Brett was hurting. There are reports of both arm and leg troubles. I've looked around and haven't seen anything to confirm that info.

Anyone else hear this or hear that it's BS?

I just keep seeing him be tentative on some pass plays. I dont think he's got that comfort level yet. He still throws rockets on some plays, but others he's not quite sure what anyone other than Coles will be doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

From PFT:

E:60 GETS EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO DEANNA
    Posted by Mike Florio on October 24, 2008, 8:40 p.m.

Before the other day, we used to receive on a semi-regular basis e-mails from ESPN’s P.R. department touting upcoming shows and other assorted stuff that they wanted people in the media (and us) to know about.

On Friday, another ESPN P.R. e-mail was distributed. But, this time around, we weren’t on the list.

A member of the media forwarded to us the e-mail hyping the next episode of ESPN’s E:60, which will include an exclusive interview with Mrs. Brett Lorenzo Favre.

Hyped as the “first national television interview by Deanna Favre (wife of NFL legendary quarterback Brett Favre) since her husband was traded from the Green Bay Packers to the New York Jets,” it’s the first item mentioned on the list of show subjects.

So did ESPN’s handling this week of the controversial story regarding the subject of the interview’s husband had anything to do with the exclusive access ESPN received to Mrs. Favre? Though we think the truth is much more complex than that, we wouldn’t be shocked to learn that it was at least a factor in the business considerations that should never arise when making journalistic decisions.