Thread: Triangle of Authority is Here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    What I like about the new arrangement is that it might make MM more accountable. Unlike some here, I think he's been TOO loyal to some of his coaches. It took him too long to fire both Slocum and Capers. There wasn't any pressure on him to make a move though because of his relationship with TT. Now if he has an underachieving coordinator, He might have to discuss it with Murphy. Murphy was out of the loop before. I also believe Murphy knows more about about what makes a successful football operation than just about all of the owners. He played for Joe Gibbs' Redskins when they were going to Super Bowls. This is not a Jimmy Haslam or Dan Snyder situation.
    Maybe. But the two times he has voluntarily changed his staff came after his two long seasons (other than ST coordinators). He has been pretty stiff necked about it otherwise. Will Murphy actually put his foot down and intervene or will Stubby be feeling his oats and wait it out?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Maybe. But the two times he has voluntarily changed his staff came after his two long seasons (other than ST coordinators). He has been pretty stiff necked about it otherwise. Will Murphy actually put his foot down and intervene or will Stubby be feeling his oats and wait it out?
    He'll make him an offer he can't refuse.

Im ok with it. All of these guys work well together. And Murphy seems to have confidence in his ability to promote, encourage and inspire better communication. Ultimately it’s his reputation and legacy at stake, so him taking command..... I respect it. Now let’s see if he can raise the bar.