Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What kind of defense could we play if we draft Jabrill peppers?

3 safeties on the field, 2 of which can play up at the line and stop the run

It would be a smaller lineup, but a better one at coverage and maybe stoping the run over bevis and butthead and just 2 safeties

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    What kind of defense could we play if we draft Jabrill peppers?

3 safeties on the field, 2 of which can play up at the line and stop the run

It would be a smaller lineup, but a better one at coverage and maybe stoping the run over bevis and butthead and just 2 safeties
    Isn't Peppers a safety? Can he play corner? I'll be rather shocked if he lasts until #29 so Ted might have to move up substantially to take him.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Isn't Peppers a safety? Can he play corner? I'll be rather shocked if he lasts until #29 so Ted might have to move up substantially to take him.
    I could very well be mistaken here, but I always viewed Jabrill as a better, faster version of Hyde. I liked Hyde, and thought he was solid, but too many times I watched him trail the opposing reciever going across the middle. With everybody wanting team speed to improve, I'm a lil shocked at the responses from this forum over the loss of Hyde. Again I thought he was a solid Green Packer, and I'm always sorry to see them leave, but I'm excited by the speed of the crop of CBs coming out this year.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

I have a sneaking hunch that Peppers could well be available at our pick. And if so, it might go a long way toward addressing the billion times receivers have crossed the middle uncovered.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    I have a sneaking hunch that Peppers could well be available at our pick. And if so, it might go a long way toward addressing the billion times receivers have crossed the middle uncovered.
    Scheme as much as personnel. Steelers get hit in the middle just as often.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Peppers is a SS/LB. He does not have the coverage skills to play corner.