Thread: Official 2015 Preseason Games Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    So, do the Packers trade Tolzien this year, or just let him walk at the end of the season? It would have to be a very peculiar circumstance for Tolzien to sign another contract with GB. I doubt he will get that big of a FA contract to bring much of a compensatory pick; unless, God-forbid, Rodgers is out and Tolzien puts together a decent slug of stats this year.

Depending on MM's comfort level with Hundley, TT might be hitting the phones to see what Tolzien is worth.
    Except that MM and other coaches suggested that Hundley is just scratching the surface of the play book. In a real game situation his lack of knowledge of the offense would really mess them up if the guy had to start a couple of games. He'd be easy to game plan for. I'm pretty sure Tolzien is number two, and Hundley three. I don't think the team is too worried about losing Tolzien after the year and getting little. And what's he worth now, anyway? A fifth or sixth round pick? He's worth more than that to this team this year.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Except that MM and other coaches suggested that Hundley is just scratching the surface of the play book. In a real game situation his lack of knowledge of the offense would really mess them up if the guy had to start a couple of games. He'd be easy to game plan for. I'm pretty sure Tolzien is number two, and Hundley three. I don't think the team is too worried about losing Tolzien after the year and getting little. And what's he worth now, anyway? A fifth or sixth round pick? He's worth more than that to this team this year.
    Yep. Tolzien has had three seasons with the team and 2 offseasons.

In an otherwise close call, the McCarthy will want the veteran. Doesn't mean he wins, but Ted would have to get good value. I can see him being tempted and would not be surprised if he is making calls and getting Blanchard on PS.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.