Thread: JS-----IS LACY WORTH THE WEIGHT ???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Rich Eisen in a suit ran a 5.94 at the combine last year.
    This has a lot more credibility than the outlandish claims of some in here. The article says he was challenged by Terrell Davis, so I assume it was tested by somebody that knew what they were doing and was well documented. It also shows that the 5.94 was his best time at age 47. He had been doing this for ten years with times as bad as 6.77 at age 37.

Doing the math, 40 yards/120 feet. A 4.5 time is about 27 feet per second. That means 2.7 feet per tenth of a second. So you guys claiming you could do 4.5 or so 40s, you're saying you could stay within 3 or 4 feet for 40 yards of the fastest NFL players?
    Last edited by texaspackerbacker; 02-19-2017 at 09:10 AM.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    This has a lot more credibility than the outlandish claims of some in here. The article says he was challenged by Terrell Davis, so I assume it was tested by somebody that knew what they were doing and was well documented. It also shows that the 5.94 was his best time at age 47. He had been doing this for ten years with times as bad as 6.77 at age 37.

Doing the math, 40 yards/120 feet. A 4.5 time is about 27 feet per second. That means 2.7 feet per tenth of a second. So you guys claiming you could do 4.5 or so 40s, you're saying you could stay within 3 or 4 feet for 40 yards of the fastest NFL players?
    He is running in a suit with dress shoes on.

I am going to bet that wing tips are good for -1 second.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

Not the way it works. 40 is about acceleration as Red says. The last 5-10 yards are MUCH faster than the first 5-10. I was an acceleration guy as well. During indoor track I ran the 60 (only 2 meets each year I recall), but outdoor 4 guys beat me in the 100.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.