Thread: Vic Ketchmab calls a spade a spade with fans who live in fantasy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I know it's an "even if" statement, but I've been thinking about how many first-round picks TT has invested in this porous defense. There's Clay Matthews, Kenny Clark, Nick Perry, Datone Jones, Damarious Randall, and Ha-H Clinton Dix. That's six first round picks.

He seems to have spent the majority of his recent first round resources on defense. On offense, and I'm doing all this off the top of my head, there's Bulaga, Rodgers, and . . . ? Lots of second and third rounders, but the seemingly most valuable resource, the first rounder, has been spent primarily on defense. Thompson certainly has not shorted that side of the ball in terms of spending resources. As for results...

This leads me to think that maybe one way to make a transition to the next GM would be to allow Ted to choose only players on the offensive side of the ball, and let someone else - anyone else? - draft the defensive side.

I know injuries are an issue for this defense, but even before the onslaught, this wasn't a defense that appeared to be a unit of strength on this team. And now it's like watching that 2011 defense.
    In reality, this is what vince and I should be arguing about. The Defense should be better, you would think, given the attention given to it. But its always beat to hell.

We would need to run numbers on draft picks again. It always seems like the top picks go to D, but I bet its closer to even than we remember.
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-19-2017 at 02:03 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    In reality, this is what vince and I should be arguing about. The Defense should be better, you would think, given the attention given to it. But its always beat to hell.

We would need to run numbers on draft picks again. It always seems like the top picks go to D, but I bet its closer to even than we remember.
    I'll add Raji and Harrell to the D and Sherrod to the O

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I'll add Raji and Harrell to the D and Sherrod to the O
    Who are 3 guys whose careers were cut short by injury Alex?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Who are 3 guys whose careers were cut short by injury Alex?
    Raji, injury?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Raji, injury?
    The year Raji was injured I believe he had some kind of epiphany about there being more to life than football.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    The year Raji was injured I believe he had some kind of epiphany about there being more to life than football.
    Weed and Doritos probably do equate to more.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Still not Harrell or Sherrod territory. Not even the same ballpark.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.