Thread: Mike Pettine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    One thing people forget is that GMs and coaches cannot swapped out according to mathematical principles. You can't use the transitive property or substitution property.

Ted plus more FA and trades doesn't equal Belichick. Doesn't work that way. People have different skills and do a variable job of hiring other good people (and then listening to them) about things they do not excel in. Ted built an org that drafted like their life depended on it, mainly because it does. The guys who would be more FA or trade friendly? McKenzie is going backward in Oakland and may have taken a drastic hit in power, Schneider's team is falling apart on defense without a bevy of young top picks and Dorsey got fired from a team that is truly the definition of one and done.

Odds are hugely against Gutekunst being as good at building a team as Ted or Ron. Even if he adds some more FAs or trades for people.

And I would wager my last dollar the small difference between the Packers and the Patriots over the last decade plus was coaching, not personnel.
    More likely, the Pats might've been capable of winning a fluke Super Bowl without Brady, with all other things being equal, but no way they win 6 (yes, they will win the 6th on Sunday) without Brady.

Tom Brady is an elite QB, the champion of the Pats. As Belichick himself has proved time and time again, the math is simple: Belichickism + Elite QB = Super Bowl wins.

The Packers have an elite QB on their roster, do they not?
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    More likely, the Pats might've been capable of winning a fluke Super Bowl without Brady, with all other things being equal, but no way they win 6 (yes, they will win the 6th on Sunday) without Brady.

Tom Brady is an elite QB, the champion of the Pats. As Belichick himself has proved time and time again, the math is simple: Belichickism + Elite QB = Super Bowl wins.

The Packers have an elite QB on their roster, do they not?
    Sure, now all they need to do is trade Stubby/BG for Belichick.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Sure, now all they need to do is trade Stubby/BG for Belichick.
    Not necessary, although I would love to see J-Mac in the Green and Gold as GM/Coach.

Look at the Eagles. Upgraded team via free agency. Upgraded team via trades. In the Super Bowl. That's Belichickism.

No reason the German Shepherd can't utilize Belichickism. Gutekunst has the cap space. He has the money. He has the elite QB. He needs to do his fucking job, as Belichick is fond of saying.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Not necessary, although I would love to see J-Mac in the Green and Gold as GM/Coach.

Look at the Eagles. Upgraded team via free agency. Upgraded team via trades. In the Super Bowl. That's Belichickism.

No reason the German Shepherd can't utilize Belichickism. Gutekunst has the cap space. He has the money. He has the elite QB. He needs to do his fucking job, as Belichick is fond of saying.
    And I will ask AGAIN. Who is it that Gute the great should sign. I want names or its just meaningless bluster. JJ Watt? AJ Green? Give me names.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    And I will ask AGAIN. Who is it that Gute the great should sign. I want names or its just meaningless bluster. JJ Watt? AJ Green? Give me names.
    packerrats.com/showthread.php?30279-Mike-Pettine&p=964394&viewfull=1#post964394

Blog Entries

I haven't even looked at FA yet; but I was pounding the table for Conner Barwin last year and he was decent.

As long as you are trying to get some to go on record, are you saying "NO" free agents ?

OR....exactly who do you think they should sign ?

It's easy to punch holes in those who post opinions for those who don't post theirs. Not sainng that's you.....but it's only fair for you to be specific too if that's what you are asking others to do.

I'll definitely have viewed in a few weeks. Too Early now..
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I haven't even looked at FA yet; but I was pounding the table for Conner Barwin last year and he was decent.

As long as you are trying to get some to go on record, are you saying "NO" free agents ?

OR....exactly who do you think they should sign ?

It's easy to punch holes in those who post opinions for those who don't post theirs. Not sainng that's you.....but it's only fair for you to be specific too if that's what you are asking others to do.

I'll definitely have viewed in a few weeks. Too Early now..
    I don't like this years crop to be honest. If I had to pick a name or 2 I would go with Sammy Watkins and Luke Wilson. 2 guys we could get cheap that may excel with ARod.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    I don't like this years crop to be honest. If I had to pick a name or 2 I would go with Sammy Watkins and Luke Wilson. 2 guys we could get cheap that may excel with ARod.
    That's a great answer; I could embrace Wadtkins. Not sure about Wilson
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Im intrigued by Allen Robinson if he's looking to rehabilitate his value. Sign him to a short term deal. Going from bortles to Rodgers would be like Christmas for him.
    Go PACK