Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: running backs

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    This is it.

All of us (espec. Harlan) know the dangers inherent when a goofy poster starts outing people with their true names and information on the net. The anti-Semitism is bad enough, but trolling peoples info is big time grounds for banning a poster.

He was banned, now is the time to enforce it before he causes even more shit to rain down.
    Have to agree with you on this KY.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Smidgeon;900769]Trying to figure out if the name reference in that rant was intended to be meta.

But probably not.]

A little of that, but more like doxing. Which is strange little scumbags who root around on the net trying to bother people who don't want to be bothered. Like Tank.

He does a little reveal in the post. He spent THREE years trying to scope out who Nutz is? Nutz is cool. Nutz is real. He's a real cool guy and doesn't want to be bugged by a dillweed like Tank.

One of the big reasons this place got started was some goof doxed Harlan on JSO big time. We soon went over to PR to get out of JSO.

Now it's a lot easier than that. We just get rid of the dox artist.

Which would be Tank.

Gamblin' Rat
    To me Davis is a younger version of Starks. Good move to basically get a guy 5 years younger to do the same thing.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Well, I'll be. TT doesn't sign Don Jackson and actually trades with Dorsey for an established player. I always thought that Davis had potential. The year they gacked the playoff game to Indy after getting a big lead, I thought Davis looked good as a fill in. Hopefully he can find some magic. You read conflicting reports about his pass catching ability out of the backfield. He looks the part. Hopefully he can deliver the goods. You never know with Lacy's bum ankle or Starks being out 4 weeks. Davis will certainly get a good opportunity. I'm rooting for him for sure.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPackFan View Post
    To me Davis is a younger version of Starks. Good move to basically get a guy 5 years younger to do the same thing.
    starks early years here were good. if davis can do that, or better, it will be cool.

The talking heads on ESPN and NFL network say Lacy will be a longshot to play Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The talking heads on ESPN and NFL network say Lacy will be a longshot to play Thursday.
    so it's new guy and montgomery. yikes! so we're staring 3-3 in the face.

Davis isn't overly impressive. I agree with the sentiment that he's a younger Starks. He doesn't have the talent to be a capable #1 RB in the NFL.

He's probably fine to use as a stopgap this season, since we don't have many other choices...but the Packers need to do some serious work at the skill positions this offseason.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

This guy sounds like shit. This is suppose to be one of the easier spots to fill. And we trade for a 3ypa fumbler

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPackFan View Post
    Based on what, just size?

Starks was a beast in college when we drafted him averaging like 7ypc.

This guy is a nothing that had 2 hundred yard games

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    This guy sounds like shit. This is suppose to be one of the easier spots to fill. And we trade for a 3ypa fumbler
    hey, at least wait till Thursday night to say he looks like shit. Get your hopes up a little now, it will make the bitter pleasure all that much greater.

I say the guy has some NFL experience, made a roster - he's already gotta be an upgrade over a PS guy or Jukin James.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    hey, at least wait till Thursday night to say he looks like shit. Get your hopes up a little now, it will make the bitter pleasure all that much greater.

I say the guy has some NFL experience, made a roster - he's already gotta be an upgrade over a PS guy or Jukin James.
    Actually, he only made the roster so KC wouldn't have to release him. The plan was to put him on the roster anticipating that a sucker would show up to trade for him. At least that's the story I heard.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Hey, maybe a sucker will show up for Starks!

KC thought he was worth a roster spot.
    TT thought he was better than any PS guy around the league.

Lets give him a chance. In two days we can hang TT in effigy the fist time the guy gets tackled behind line of scrimmage.

The guy has good straight ahead speed for a big guy. The knock against him is he's not very shifty in close quarters. And he doesn't break a lot of tackles despite his size. He has returned kickoffs.

Seemed kind of gimpy but were they trotting him out with an extremely fucked up ankle or did he make it worse?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...several-weeks/

They made it worse. I said during the game I feared that would happen.

By the way, sources tell me that they'll soon sign Don Jackson off the PS.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h1 hour ago
    As others reported earlier, #Packers sent #Chiefs a 2018 conditional 7th-round pick for Knile Davis, per #NFL's official transaction wire.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Getting him that cheap is definitely a good move. I like the idea of a speed back. Basically, Davis has the time Starks is out to show he is a better player. I think he is and will prove it on the field.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The guy has good straight ahead speed for a big guy. The knock against him is he's not very shifty in close quarters. And he doesn't break a lot of tackles despite his size. He has returned kickoffs.
    One year my fantasy backs were decimated. Jamal Charles was one of 'em and I drafted his back-up. Then I cut the back-up (he was hurt)
    and drafted Davis. He immediately had a big game & I had him on the bench. When I played him he was good for about 3 pts. Back to the bench and he puts up a 20 spot. But I watched him some. He has some skills. He's short, very strong, fast, and muscular. He's kinda like Doug Martin, maybe he's the muscle gopher or something. he pretty good at rainbow routes and has decent hands. Running outside? He has real problems getting to the outside. He starts slowly and those fill guys catch him a good bit of the time and stone him. If he can spring wide, he creates problems for the D. He's faster than backers and is a load for any DB to tackle. I disagree with the "not shifty inside" deal. he has quick feet and can jab step one way and hit a gap going like a crazy man

Pass pro? He has issues. He's strong like a bull and can nail the shit out of an inside blitz from an ILB. When blitz pick-up is needed on an outside man like a Ware or Peppers style dude? He's usually physically outgunned. Those tall, long armed buggers just guzzle him. He needs some help, like keep Rodgers in to chip the long tall boys and let Davis pick up the ILB's or circle him out of the backfield. He knows the job and is good at making adjustments.

he didn't fumble much when I had him, maybe that was a later development.

There can be some upside to this kid, lets hope we get more than our fair share.

I like the optimism, KY. We ought to get this settled pre-emptively: IS DAVIS ELIGIBLE FOR THE FUCKDOGGLE???