Thread: The 2015 " I just can't stay out of jail " Thread .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    This is the end of the road of the very bad precedent in the wake of the Peterman example. It is effectively a presumption of guilt, which is a terrible thing for any justice system, particularly ours.

It also presents an excellent way of removing an opponents' player(s) from a critical game. Find someone to accuse a star player of rape (find someone in Tacoma to say Rodgers assaulted her for example) and the NFL must put him on paid leave until it is sorted out. No one would do that you say, and I say: just wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I agree completely, though an arrest is often more damning than an accusation.

Mueller in his report said they shouldn't wait for the criminal justice system to finish, which makes sense. Not guilty is often not a synonym for innocent. But that doesn't mean there shouldn't be an investigation first.
    The league requires that formal charges be brought against the player before putting him on the exempt list. In this case it took 6 weeks for that to happen. There was quite a bit of investigation done, with evidence that corroborated the woman's claim. Maybe a woman could go all 'Gone Girl' on a player, and make a public case that looked sensational and push for fast action, but that would take a good bit of planning and preparation to pull off.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    The league requires that formal charges be brought against the player before putting him on the exempt list. In this case it took 6 weeks for that to happen. There was quite a bit of investigation done, with evidence that corroborated the woman's claim. Maybe a woman could go all 'Gone Girl' on a player, and make a public case that looked sensational and push for fast action, but that would take a good bit of planning and preparation to pull off.
    a lot of fans buy tickets in advance.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

the other good thing, that should make everyone feel assured that the process is working well, is that prosecutors these days never file charges unless they have iron-clad cases. They never try to increase conviction rates by inducing people to accept pleas.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    a lot of fans buy tickets in advance.
    What does that have to do with anything? The preparation I was referring to would be along the lines of a woman doing things to herself that would make it look like she was raped and then finding and consensually fucking the target player to complete the evidence for the police. A fake accusation has to have some well-faked supporting evidence or it won't go anywhere.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

A fake accusation has to have some well-faked supporting evidence or it won't go anywhere.
    not necessarily. It depends on the prosecutor, etc. etc. People have agendas.

Ah, I was unaware this had been percolating. Thought it was breaking news.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.