Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
I've been a Packer fan 3 or 4 years longer than that, and I'm here to tell you, when you have the greatest QB in history - which we do, PASS FIRST is the way to go. Hopefully the Packers will play that style again and even more effectively with the new TEs, a healthier Nelson, and a veritable shitload of other WR talent. The Running Game needs to be change of pace and big play oriented - it should be that with Montgomery and the rookies.

McCarthy pisses me off at times too with the "playing not to lose" thing, but the fact is, not losing is ...... winning.

The thing that needs to be upgraded, of course, is Defense, especially Pass Defense. We have gotten by on Capers' smoke and mirrors for a long time. We still don't have the personnel to play teams straight up/no compensation and trickery. Hopefully, though, with new Corners, continued improvement from Clark, solid OLB pass rush from at least 4 guys, and at least adequate ILB play, we will be enough better to hold opponents to less points than Aaron Rodgers gets us.
If our defense this year is just average this should be a fun season. Look how far we got with that mess last season?