Thread: Official Fire Dom Capers Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have supported Thompson, because I think he does a pretty good job...now when you're a draft only type of team you better strike it rich, and since we haven't, and he's lacked signing free agents, it gets us to where we are today.

I have long not been a fan of either McCarthy or Capers. Even the super bowl year I brought up numerous issues I had with each. You can go through the draft picks all the way back to JUSTIN HARRELL and place blame on Thompson, but the fact is that it isn't just Thompson who makes those picks, he works hand in hand with the coaches who also make evaluations on those picks. Any good team doesn't just have the GM pick whom ever he wants, he works with scouts and coaches. The thing is who has really developed? Daniels? Clark? Burnett? Dix has fallen off this year. Matthews is still OK, but obviously isn't who he once was, and age and injuries has a lot to do with that. Perry....I want to love him, but he kind of is who he is, last year was almost a fluke. Martinez is looking nice, Ryan should be one of those develop guys who hasn't. Rollins and Randall have disappointed. Jones has huge potential. I was a big fan of King, but am seeing flaws in him that need coaching...but I'm not sure if he's getting the coaching to improve. Lowry has improved, but his ceiling was rather low to start with. My hope is Adams and Biegel start to get some snaps and show signs of life, because we need it.

Capers has to go. Radio today they said if you believe it's the players, then it's on Thompson. If you believe it's the scheme, it's on Capers. I believe it's the scheme.

Oh, anyone else catch this from Matthew Stafford last night? Matthew Stafford, “We had some success because we knew what blitz’s or which blitz’s would be coming, especially on third down. The screen that almost went for the touchdown, we went to the line with 3 plays. If they were doing a middle blitz, which they did, we ran the screen. If they ran a slot blitz, we were running a bubble, if they weren’t running any, we had another play in mind. When they blitz the middle, they’ll drop one of their safeties close to the line, typically Dix because in dime or Nickel Burnett is usually up already anyway, for middle protection. If they brought their slot guy, they would slide Martinez over to cover for his blitz. So when Dix slid down, and both Perry & Matthew slid into an inside gap, we knew exactly what blitz was coming. That happened on almost all our 3rd down plays tonight.”
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    I have supported Thompson, because I think he does a pretty good job...now when you're a draft only type of team you better strike it rich, and since we haven't, and he's lacked signing free agents, it gets us to where we are today.

I have long not been a fan of either McCarthy or Capers. Even the super bowl year I brought up numerous issues I had with each. You can go through the draft picks all the way back to JUSTIN HARRELL and place blame on Thompson, but the fact is that it isn't just Thompson who makes those picks, he works hand in hand with the coaches who also make evaluations on those picks. Any good team doesn't just have the GM pick whom ever he wants, he works with scouts and coaches. The thing is who has really developed? Daniels? Clark? Burnett? Dix has fallen off this year. Matthews is still OK, but obviously isn't who he once was, and age and injuries has a lot to do with that. Perry....I want to love him, but he kind of is who he is, last year was almost a fluke. Martinez is looking nice, Ryan should be one of those develop guys who hasn't. Rollins and Randall have disappointed. Jones has huge potential. I was a big fan of King, but am seeing flaws in him that need coaching...but I'm not sure if he's getting the coaching to improve. Lowry has improved, but his ceiling was rather low to start with. My hope is Adams and Biegel start to get some snaps and show signs of life, because we need it.

Capers has to go. Radio today they said if you believe it's the players, then it's on Thompson. If you believe it's the scheme, it's on Capers. I believe it's the scheme.

Oh, anyone else catch this from Matthew Stafford last night? Matthew Stafford, “We had some success because we knew what blitz’s or which blitz’s would be coming, especially on third down. The screen that almost went for the touchdown, we went to the line with 3 plays. If they were doing a middle blitz, which they did, we ran the screen. If they ran a slot blitz, we were running a bubble, if they weren’t running any, we had another play in mind. When they blitz the middle, they’ll drop one of their safeties close to the line, typically Dix because in dime or Nickel Burnett is usually up already anyway, for middle protection. If they brought their slot guy, they would slide Martinez over to cover for his blitz. So when Dix slid down, and both Perry & Matthew slid into an inside gap, we knew exactly what blitz was coming. That happened on almost all our 3rd down plays tonight.”
    That is damning of Capers, absolutely.

But Matt needs to learn that you don't make words plural by adding an apostrophe.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That is damning of Capers, absolutely.

But Matt needs to learn that you don't make words plural by adding an apostrophe.
    That would be my awesome autocorrect that never knows what it's doing.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post

I do too. There is talent on this team but we are becoming too predictable on defense. I too am on the Fire Capers train.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I do too. There is talent on this team but we are becoming too predictable on defense. I too am on the Fire Capers train.
    Ohh my God Thanks, Thank You .... for small miracles: Finally..... ' the Voice of decent REASONING'.

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Ohh my God Thanks, Thank You .... for small miracles: Finally..... ' the Voice of decent REASONING'.

Let's hope McCarthy gets on the Fire Capers train in January.

The Green Bay Packers are on a 'Ride To Nowhere' and have neen right there since their last Super Bowl win.

It is clearly time for a Brand New PLAN.

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau