Thread: OFFICIAL 2015 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    the sad thing is that we desperately need an ILB

problem is, there isn't much in the draft. one guys too small, and the other has never covered anyone

and then of course there isn't much talent in free agency either

i think i'd like to drop capers and switch to a 4-3, we just don't have the bodies to play 3-4 and it doesn't look like we're gonna be able to find any outside the team either

and while we're at it, get rid of the fucking zone coverage bullshit that leaves 15 yard holes all over the field

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    the sad thing is that we desperately need an ILB

problem is, there isn't much in the draft. one guys too small, and the other has never covered anyone

and then of course there isn't much talent in free agency either

i think i'd like to drop capers and switch to a 4-3, we just don't have the bodies to play 3-4 and it doesn't look like we're gonna be able to find any outside the team either

and while we're at it, get rid of the fucking zone coverage bullshit that leaves 15 yard holes all over the field
    I like what I saw of Lorenzo Mauldin in the Senior Bowl. He's listed at 6'4" 252 lbs. He was covering guys all over the field. He looked very agile for his size. I think Paul Dawson is the real deal too. He's 6'2" 230 lbs. Dawson is projected as a 2nd rounder, but his stock is climbing. Mauldin is project at a 3-4 round pick.

Size is relative. You can be big and slow, physically and football IQ wise. I'll take Dawson's size if it means speed. I'm sick of seeing TE's outrun our LB's!

This is what I like most about Mauldin: Looks the part of a brawler, doesn't he?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I like what I saw of Lorenzo Mauldin in the Senior Bowl. He's listed at 6'4" 252 lbs. He was covering guys all over the field. He looked very agile for his size. I think Paul Dawson is the real deal too. He's 6'2" 230 lbs. Dawson is projected as a 2nd rounder, but his stock is climbing. Mauldin is project at a 3-4 round pick.

Size is relative. You can be big and slow, physically and football IQ wise. I'll take Dawson's size if it means speed. I'm sick of seeing TE's outrun our LB's!

This is what I like most about Mauldin: Looks the part of a brawler, doesn't he?
    Those LBers are named AJ Hawk and Brad Jones = S L O W.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau