Thread: DAVID BACKTIARI----MORE DRAMA------IS IT REAL ????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think Bakhtiari will retire. He needs to start thinking what life will be like at 40 if he keeps playing football on a wrecked knee. He'd be a fool to push it, and he doesn't strike me as a fool.
    He's not a fool, no. But he may be thinking he still wants to play, and what better story than a comeback next year with his good buddy Rodgers in NY? One more shot at redemption and a Super Bowl.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    He's not a fool, no. But he may be thinking he still wants to play, and what better story than a comeback next year with his good buddy Rodgers in NY? One more shot at redemption and a Super Bowl.
    IDK, Metlife stadium is FieldTurf. He hates turf and it would be tough to play 10+ games on turf for him. If it did happen, I could see him sign there, play a game or two and hang it up. Or maybe he'd wait until midseason to sign with a team.
    Honestly, I think he's done. He's been a great LT for GB and I wish his knee was holding up this year, but sometimes the mind wants the body to do something it just can't. He's got plenty of money, maybe it's time.

With a young team in an evaluation season, there probably isn't a place for him long term on the roster anyway.

And if he wanted to play for someone else, we'd have that familiar Favre/Rodgers drama of "GB owns the rights to your contract, even if you retire," so we'd decide if it's worth keeping him for $20M or getting some draft/player comp for him.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.