Thread: STATE OF THE PACK ........NICE VID

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    But if you're sitting there in round one or two, and it's your turn, and you see a guy sitting out there who you think is going to be a very, very good, say, right tackle, and your other choices are defensive players whom you see as JAGS, whom do you pick?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    But if you're sitting there in round one or two, and it's your turn, and you see a guy sitting out there who you think is going to be a very, very good, say, right tackle, and your other choices are defensive players whom you see as JAGS, whom do you pick?

There won't be JAG's in round one and two but this is a fair question.

What if TT graded Peter Konz very high and he's sitting there at pick #28.
    Many compare Doug Martin to Ray Rice. If TT does would he consider him ?

My heart would say no but my past evidence from TT would say certainly
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

We've picked OT in the first round the past two seasons, I highly doubt TT will go that direction again. Also you sign Jeff Saturday then use your first pick on a center. I know he's old you can find someone in the later rounds to groom, remember Wells was a 7th round pick. As much as I like Doug Martin is simple fact of the matter we are a top 3 offense with or without him. Starks is a good RB when healthy, we have Green returning from injury, and you can find solid RB in the later rounds.

Defense wins championships which is why we won it in 2010 and the reason we did not win it last season. We have to many holes on defense to pick a offensive player with our first pick or second pick for that matter. We went 15-2 last season with one of the worst defenses in the past 30 years, I think we are fine on offense of you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    There won't be JAG's in round one and two but this is a fair question.

What if TT graded Peter Konz very high and he's sitting there at pick #28.
    Many compare Doug Martin to Ray Rice. If TT does would he consider him ?

My heart would say no but my past evidence from TT would say certainly
    He has demonstrated he will go need if its close or extreme value. Raji was supposedly under Crabtree on the Big Board when Thompson choose him and he went need again in a trade up or Matthews. I am guessing Matthews either had huge value at that spot or was the last of the top OLBs on his Board.

I think the thing we miss with Thompson is that he is not ideological about the rationale for a pick. But he does operate within pretty strict limits.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.