Thread: Day Before First Practice, 5 Players On Injured List

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All of which should not cause us to forget that the defense played pretty well in that game. It was the offense that really fell short.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    All of which should not cause us to forget that the defense played pretty well in that game. It was the offense that really fell short.
    Exactly. The underreported story of 2014 is how the offense needs to bounce back.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Exactly. The underreported story of 2014 is how the offense needs to bounce back.
    Specifically how they need to improve in the red zone. With just over 6 minutes left, down 20-17, Packers had a 1st and goal at the SF 9. They had to settle for a 24 yard field goal to tie the game. Packers scored TD's 50.72 pct of the time in the red zone. That was 26th in the NFL. While those numbers are likely affected by Rodgers' absence, red zone efficiency wasn't great before he got hurt.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I'm hoping the OL improves...you'd think it almost has to, with Bulaga & Sherrod back and Newhouse gone. There were times when Lacy made that line look good by squeezing 3 yards out of a play that would've been no gain with Alex Green. A full offseason for Tolzien and signing Flynnsanity should improve the QB depth behind Rodgers, and I think they move on without Finley and get by at TE. Keeping Aaron Rodgers healthy and upright makes them the team to beat in the NFCN.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I'm hoping the OL improves...you'd think it almost has to, with Bulaga & Sherrod back and Newhouse gone. There were times when Lacy made that line look good by squeezing 3 yards out of a play that would've been no gain with Alex Green. A full offseason for Tolzien and signing Flynnsanity should improve the QB depth behind Rodgers, and I think they move on without Finley and get by at TE. Keeping Aaron Rodgers healthy and upright makes them the team to beat in the NFCN.
    Pass blocking must be better. When I was re-reading Game Stories for the playoff loss to the 49ers (to find when Neal and Shields were injured), each article mentioned how Rodgers got the team on the board after escaping a sure sack and finding Cobb on 4th and 2 to setup their first touchdown. Its indicative of how much of the year went against strong D lines.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.