Thread: What is one thing that could happen that would make you optimistic about this year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Considering the source, it's not too surprising that the piece reads like he'll be the next superstar. However there were a comments from Clark that are very encouraging. First when his playing time started dropping, he responded by working harder in practice, and second he worked hard in the off season to improve strength and explosiveness, and the results are showing.
    He simply didn't show much all season. Think he was way overdrafted, and has a limited ceiling.

I'm more hopeful for Lowry.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    He simply didn't show much all season. Think he was way overdrafted, and has a limited ceiling.

I'm more hopeful for Lowry.
    He's 20 so projecting his ceiling is pretty tough IMO. He did underwhelm last year so probably was over drafted, but the big fatties get better at 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    He's 20 so projecting his ceiling is pretty tough IMO. He did underwhelm last year so probably was over drafted, but the big fatties get better at 25.
    His playoff performance was above average. That's saying something for a rookie d-lineman.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    His playoff performance was above average. That's saying something for a rookie d-lineman.
    Yep. The rookie year is all about getting better. Not that many rookies are great from Week 1. Especially Defensive tackles, who have a huge adjustment to make.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Yep. The rookie year is all about getting better. Not that many rookies are great from Week 1. Especially Defensive tackles, who have a huge adjustment to make.
    and are 20 year old underclassmen when drafted. Clark's still a baby in the NFL trenches.

I shouldn't be surprised, but wist, how can you not see a high ceiling for Clark? Quick, agile, active, strong, young, still learning technique... a wrestler who can move and is still figuring out how to use his quickness and strength to gain leverage inside - and is still maturing, learning and growing.... What doesn't he have that limits his ceiling, other than a position not suited to statistical achievement? In terms of what he's asked to do and his willingness to do that effectively, that kid's got high ceiling written all over him. In terms of raw ability, Daniels doesn't have a thing on him. He appears to have a pretty damn good work ethic too, which is promising.

I don't remember Ol' Cletidus ever being accused of "killing it in the weight room" after his rookie year.... and look at how great he was...
    Last edited by vince; 06-02-2017 at 11:51 PM.