There is no reason to fire Joe Barely now. It just makes the organization look panicked, and the truth is, no new coordinator's going to be able to change enough to make so much difference that the Packers have that much better of a chance to win their last three and sneak into the playoffs. So no reason to can him now.

But the day after the season's over, yes, it's time. It's very much time. However, I am concerned that MLF will rely less on thinking about what would work against modern-day offenses and rely more on a network of guys he's worked with. That scares me.

I think Joe's point is a good one - the days of the Fangio defense being effective have gone by; the game has changed again. It's time, as Bobble points out, for someone who has a foundational idea but can scheme and adapt - both to what other teams are doing and to the strengths of his players.

I, personally, hated Buddy Ryan's defenses because the Packers got beat up by them, but I loved the idea that the defense was in control - they got after offenses and made offenses react.

Bobble said that well.

I'd like someone more like that.