Thread: Exactly.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    For once, I agree with you, 3irty1. I never liked that "shortening the game" concept when you have a guy like Aaron Rodgers. Shortening the game is what a weaker team wants to do to increase its chance of an upset. I also never liked the idea of a run-first offense. I saw that from the Packers for literally decades, some with success back to Lombardi, some not in the decades after. Even in the good years, it was frustrating, though. I like Eddie Lacy - as a change of pace threat and maybe to run clock late in the game with a lead, but I hate the idea of getting away from riding Aaron Rodgers' arm in a pass first offense. Right now, our star runner is a power guy, and our change of pace - Starks is more of a breakaway threat. What I would really like is if that was reversed - we had some big bruiser to use for short yardage, running clock late, etc., and our star would be somebody like Chris Johnson in his prime or A.P. in his prime - a home run threat. Lacy is like having Rod Carew or Ty Cobb - a singles hitter - batting cleanup.
    A weaker team, or a team with a great D that wants to limit the time you have to wear down that great D?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    A weaker team, or a team with a great D that wants to limit the time you have to wear down that great D?
    Either way, it's the other guys, not us.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Its more likely the team you describe would have a weak O rather than a substantial O protecting its dominant D. Think the Jets.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.