My final analysis of this question of why Clay Matthews was on the sidelines from 7:01 remaining in the 4th qtr.;

It looks to me like that decision was made to rest Clay Matthews or to ensure no injury.

The decision was made because MM and/or Dom Capers must have believed that the game was in the bag. That sort of thinking makes no sense.

That was a gross error that should be accounted for. How is Mike McCarthy going to explain that away?

Clay Matthews was returned to the field in Overtime. In the final Seattle series that led to the winning TD; for the most part Clay Matthews, Morgan Burnett and Julius Peppers were on the field. I 'm pretty sure that Peppers was on the sideline for the final TD play. He looked stunned as he knelt after the game was over. So did Aaron Rodgers and many other Packers. This game was simply given away. You don't sit your best defensive player until the final whistle when he's available.

Another huge error on the last TD play.

Tramon Williams wasn't given any backup over the top. He was left alone to cover WR Jermaine Kearse. The closest DB to that play and about 12 yards up field was Safety Sean Richardson.