Thread: Ron Wolf and the Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

No idea on Tinglehoff.
    As much as I hate to say this about a Viking, Tinglehoff's induction is long, long overdue. When I heard he was the veterans nominee, I was shocked, because if someone had asked me I would have assumed he was already in the HOF. More deserving than Jerry Kramer, in my opinion. Tinglehoff played for a long, long time, started every game of his career, and was a perenial 1st team All-Pro during the '60s. He was a great one.
    Last edited by Patler; 02-01-2015 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    As much as I hate to say this about a Viking, Tinglehoff's induction is long, long overdue. When I heard he was the veterans nominee, I was shocked, because if someone had asked me I would have assumed he was already in the HOF. More deserving than Jerry Kramer, in my opinion. Tinglehoff played for a long, long time, started every game of his career, and was a perenial 1st team All-Pro during the '60s. He was a great one.
    LB Junior Seau was pretty much every analysts check mark to get in this year. 12 pro Bowls and eight 1st team All Pro Teams pretty much gets you to the Hall. Chip in the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, 1990's All Decade Team and San Diego chargers #55 retired. Junior Seau was a lock. Junior Seau's two young sons represented the Family. That's another sad story.

This part of last nights show (the latest NFL HOF Inductees) along with the coverage on the Walter Payton Award. Nominees Anquan Bolden and Aaron Rodgers - 2014-15 Season NFL MVP and the winner Thomas Davis and his fantastic story. These were the highlights for me.

How did Thomas Davis ever manage to get into the NFL coming from such a disadvantaged background?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...an-of-the-year

On the NFL HOF Inductees. What incredible emotion and respect. IMO above all else; all the records the championships and Super Bowls. This is where it's really at. Today there are less than 300 NFL HOF members. It's incredibly difficult to join this extinguished class of NFL players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Tingelhoff

Mike 'Tinkle' Tinglehoff born May 22, 1940 (age 74) 'a Center' - Minnesota Vikings 1962-78.

Minnesota Vikings #53 retired. Six Pro Bowls 1964-69. Five time AP 1st Team All-Pro selection (1964-66 1968 & 1969); 1× AP 2nd Team All-Pro selection (1967); AP First-Team All-NFC (1970)

He's but 74 years old and looked rough to me. Playing football takes a lot out of some men.

I was happy for WR Tim Brown It was the fifth year in a row that he was named a Hall of Fame finalist - Heisman Trophy (1987); '9 Pro Bowls'; NFL 1990s All-Decade Team. A 17 year career. Nine consecutive seasons 1993-2001 with 1000 receiving yards or more. When Tim Brown retired (2004) he was second 'only to Jerry Rice' on the All-Time receiving list. He's sixth now.

This new HOF member was amazing.

Will Shields (OG) Kansas City Chiefs (1993–2006).

Except for one game in his Rookie year Will Shields started every game of his career and was chosen for twelve consecutive Pro Bowls from 1995-2006. That's amazing.. Will Shields 223 consecutive starts is the fifth best in NFL history.

DE/OLB Charles Haley's made it after five tries. Haley's 13 year career can best be remembered by the fact that he's the only NFL player in history to be part of five Super Bowl winning teams.

Notable players who have won four Super Bowls are HOFer Joe Montana, Bill Romanowski, Adam Vinatieri, HOFer Ronnie Lott, Matt Millen and HOFer Terry Bradshaw.

Jerome Bettis got in after five years of being nominated. He has a long list of strong credentials in his NFL Career resume.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Bettis

Of course we're happy that Ron Wolf joined Bill Polian getting into the HOF as Contributors.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-01-2015 at 12:40 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

Mike Tinklehoff ....
    Tinklehoff, lol. That's what we used to call him as kids.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck