Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Some really nice posts on these last couple pages. Nice job md, Patler, everyone.

Woodbuck, not to be rude, I consider you a friend in life, but not a fellow Packer fan. The things Favre did when he left and his retirement games felt like a slap in the face to me, as a Packer fan. Anyone who was a Packer fan during that era and didn't feel that slap in the face, does not experience the Packers the way I do. And sometimes I get the feeling you want the Packers to fail, like you can't wait for an opportunity to jump down our throats, like every moment is an opportunity for revenge. Sometimes when things go wrong, I don't even want to open this site so I don't have to see what you and a few others are writing because it's going to be so fucking negative and disheartening. It's like there are Packer fans and then there is you (and a few others), who wants us to pay for this Favre thing.

md said it very well above, Favre not accepting the honors the Packers are offering him is yet another slap in the face as a Packer fan.

Responding to Patler, about the Packers possibly regretting offering Favre the things they did. . . . That may very well be. But it's like anything else. The people you tie yourself to have a very strong ability to hurt you. Favre was so closely tied to the Packers and was so influential with the fans, he had a very strong ability to hurt the Packers, and he used that ability in all of it's horror (or glory for you, woodbuck, since you consider that guy glorious.) And who is closer to Favre than the Packers were? His wife and childeren. Look at the humiliation he placed at their feet. The closer you get to that man, the more severe the burn will be, and none had it worse than his family.

packer_md strikes me as a very strong, regular, respectful, honorable person. I use his/her position as a very good example of how most of humanity is affected by Favre's ations. If Favre doesn't wake up soon with some humility, if he keeps dragging this on. He's going to further taint his reputation by having the appearance of not being able to let go, not being able to move on, not being a person most people respect. I hope he doesn't. He's lost the respect of a lot of people with the pictures he was sending of his penis, the creepy messages, the cheating on his wife, the tantrums he threw during the retirement-unretirement process, and so much more. For every slap Favre puts on the face of the Packers, there are millions of people watching, shaking their heads, and I think it's helping build the legacy of the Packers as a great, honorable organization. Everyone feels the urge to slap back, but not doing so, sometimes, taking the pain with dignity and courage, can sometimes build more respect than a slap back ever could. I know what legacy I'd rather be associated with, Woodbuck. The way you support Favre, honestly, makes me lose respect for you. What he did I cannot respect. The fact that you admire/honor that man disgusts me.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 05-25-2013 at 11:16 PM.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.